Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
826E0993-28E5-4CD0-87D0-3E81999A6498.png

alex_cycles

Veteran

On first glance I read that as "Team ADHD" but I wasn't giving it my full attention :whistle:

TT bikes with drafting :okay:

steverob

Guru
On first glance I read that as "Team ADHD" but I wasn't giving it my full attention :whistle:
Glad I'm not the only one who's done that - not this particular time, but certainly in the past! After all there are a number of other teams named for awareness of medical condition campaigns, so ADHD sounds a reasonable one to get people behind.

With regards to the new TTT mode, I wonder which bits will make it over to ZRL. Obviously the conveyor belt and not needing stopwatches we all knew about, but the picking your own time I'm less sure they'll do, as otherwise there'll be a huge battle over making sure you go directly behind whoever you're chasing in the league standings; then what's to stop them cancelling their timeslot and picking the one behind you afterwards?

Also I wonder whether the TT bikes being able to draft means only within the team? e.g. if you're passing or being passed by another team, their TT bikes will act normally with no draft.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Glad I'm not the only one who's done that - not this particular time, but certainly in the past! After all there are a number of other teams named for awareness of medical condition campaigns, so ADHD sounds a reasonable one to get people behind.

With regards to the new TTT mode, I wonder which bits will make it over to ZRL. Obviously the conveyor belt and not needing stopwatches we all knew about, but the picking your own time I'm less sure they'll do, as otherwise there'll be a huge battle over making sure you go directly behind whoever you're chasing in the league standings; then what's to stop them cancelling their timeslot and picking the one behind you afterwards?

Also I wonder whether the TT bikes being able to draft means only within the team? e.g. if you're passing or being passed by another team, their TT bikes will act normally with no draft.

That’s interesting developments. In the ZRL it makes sense to keep start delays or at least have team start times dependent on league position. For the weekly Thursday WTRL events it doesnt matter so much. Do we know if you see the other teams in this mode or is it equivalent to a private race / meet-up with just your own team? I like having other teams on course as it allows you to gauge how your doing.

Del C

Veteran
That’s interesting developments. In the ZRL it makes sense to keep start delays or at least have team start times dependent on league position. For the weekly Thursday WTRL events it doesnt matter so much. Do we know if you see the other teams in this mode or is it equivalent to a private race / meet-up with just your own team? I like having other teams on course as it allows you to gauge how your doing.

In the test event, we could see the other teams in our category on course.

In fact, we could see every other team on course. Zwift forgot to set the race settings so that we only saw teams in our own category!

steverob

Guru
We had exactly that a few seasons ago where the As and the Cs were visible to each other in a TTT when they weren't meant to be. Generally it didn't matter as the A's were going much faster so it just meant you were getting overtaken on a regular basis, but then a GCN rider got dropped from his squad and decided to sit on our wheel as our team at full pace was a comfortable cruise for him. We told him to sod off in chat (some messages may have been slightly more explicit than that 🤬) many, many times before he finally got the message.

Top Bottom