Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really stupid question, but on a standard road bike how do you carry enough kit?

Doing it unsupported would be cool but I couldn't do it alone and don't know anyone else who fancies doing this.

Just doing the ride though is definitely on my bucket list in the next couple of years

Yes. I use a seat post bag and just to outdo @Norry1 only 8 pounds. Hotels, cafes and laundromat every 3 days.

Attachments

• E7BCE639-5DD3-4D0F-81C2-1209B6F214C2.png
    E7BCE639-5DD3-4D0F-81C2-1209B6F214C2.png
    337.8 KB · Views: 4

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1
I see you have a couple of bigger fast rides this week. Just think what you'll be able to do after you get your Eddie Van Halen signature hip.

Yep cheers @Randyberlin It is a bit weird, my hip seems to be improving on the bike even though I can't walk very far. Sod's Law - a bit like your toothache always disappearing when you go to the dentist! Still, no going back now as it's only 6 days away, I've paid the money and there ain't no refunds :laugh:

This week I have reminded myself how much I love riding in the real heat. Just got back from a 30 miler in 33 degrees - loved it ^_^:sun:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think that the Yorkshire Beast will be my big target for next year.

I have a chap at work who did LEJOG with 'Ride Across Britain' - they give you food, full mechanical support, put up the tent for you or if you pay extra put you in a hotel, there's even a sports massage every day.

Personally, I would rather fail trying to do it unsupported than succeed as described above. But everyone to their own - you are an older fellow after all :whistle:

Not really an age thing ... but depends what the the challenge is ... I've never been a fan of camping and roughing it, so whether 50 or 20 I'd choose the same. For me the challenge is to ride 1000 miles in 14 days ... and I can better achieve that challenge if all I have to think about it the cycling. But everyone has their own personal challenges :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I reckon you could probably drive it in two days comfortably.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
easiest way I would think is , if a couple of you were to do it , get a friendly van driver and tell him he doesn't have to spend a penny - get him to carry all stuff and stop at whatever campsites you want , buy his food and fill the tank
you would save a fortune and you're not bound by booking in advance b&bs ( that book up really quickly up north and are few and far between whereas campsites are dotted everywhere ) getting home is sorted - everything falls in place

bobinski

Legendary Member
easiest way I would think is , if a couple of you were to do it , get a friendly van driver and tell him he doesn't have to spend a penny - get him to carry all stuff and stop at whatever campsites you want , buy his food and fill the tank
you would save a fortune and you're not bound by booking in advance b&bs ( that book up really quickly up north and are few and far between whereas campsites are dotted everywhere ) getting home is sorted - everything falls in place

You are a changed man after 2 weeks in a caravan with that Deano 😁

Top Bottom