Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
It's the Dambusters sportive out of Woodhall Spa

https://www.rafbf.org/get-involved/events/dambusters-ride

Didn’t you say a few weeks ago it’d take you 6 weeks of moderate training if you wanted to go for the raid Pyreneese?

On that basis I’d suggest a couple of star jumps and brief stretch before the event and you’ll be grand! :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hm, no route map but sounds interesting. Will keep it in mind in case I'm bored in May. You're doing the real life 100 miler?

I was thinking about the Big Fat Bike Ride that's just a week before. Really enjoyed that one last year, and the food was great.

I don't know, I tend to booke the bigger ride, them decide on the day how I feel

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@CXRAndy - Woodhall Spa's a nice place to start from. I'm doing the Moors & Wolds 400km audax that weekend if I don't get a 300 and 400km done by then, so will be around that area.

Yes it is lovely isn't it, Dave. We lived 40 mins drive away. I've cycled many times to Woodhall, including the coaxing the wife to ride with me on a few occasions. We used to go to the Kinema, traditional cinema probably 10-15 times a year.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah about 6 weeks would see alreet 😁

:laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think this is known as gaslighting 😁

Gaslighting is something else ... that's where you say/do something then when someone reacts to it it you turn it around and make out their reaction is the problem. Narcissists use it a lot.

An example would be to say something, I don't know, maybe a snide comment about sandbagging in C cat. Then when someone responds the Narcissist turns it around and claims the comment wasn't about them, and they're making out the other person's reaction is the problem.

The Narcissist also thinks everything is about them, they're the centre if everything and they're always right.

Just saying ... obviously we're lucky on here that we don't have people like that or that most posters have moved to private chats to avoid the toxicity on the main thread.

Have a great day all 👍

Top Bottom