Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Each to their own , we all use a turbo for different reasons and have different ideas of fitness , I ride on Rouvy as I like to push to limit but like to see different places , mainly for fitness no medals ijnvolved no doing homework on the route and it suits me
It does seem Some study the route mainly to do well in the game with fitness a side effect , whatever floats your boat

What’s the main differences between rouvy and the other one with the video climbing which name has escaped me…

It’s going to sound (very) tragic but I quite like seeing other riders on the virtual road.

JuhaL

Guru
What’s the main differences between rouvy and the other one with the video climbing which name has escaped me…

It’s going to sound (very) tragic but I quite like seeing other riders on the virtual road.

For me Rouvy's augmented reality feels big enough difference if we compare to Zwift. Difficult to say how big difference is with draft, comparing to Zwift. Rouvy have less riders than on Zwift, a lot less. Maybe that's why it's hard to tell what is difference with draft. Anyway Rouvy feels more real for me because of those video recorded ride's. Actually one big difference is with descents. If Zwift have uphill 10% then the downhill is 5% with 100% trainer difficulty. On Rouvy -10% is -10% and you can feel that, especially with Neo you really need to keep your legs moving to have resistance. Most of a time I just keep coasting.

Tommy the augmented reality in both Rouvy and Bkool show the other riders. They both have a wide variety of climbs and level/ downhill routes. Some with surprises. On a Rouvy Route called Avenue of the giants. Pay attention at mile 16!
Edit: here is a rider overtaking me me because I slowed looking for a coffee shop.

Attachments

• A5CF706F-5D08-4278-9B16-CF30D7AFD9EE.png
    A5CF706F-5D08-4278-9B16-CF30D7AFD9EE.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I am getting to know certain people I want to race against , anyone who has put a time in on a route you can pick as a ghost , no drafting them just a good workout and if others are on your ride you can try to catch them , honestly I really enjoy it , think I would enjoy bkool as well but fed up with cartoon world at moment

<Tommy>

For me Rouvy's augmented reality feels big enough difference if we compare to Zwift. Difficult to say how big difference is with draft, comparing to Zwift. Rouvy have less riders than on Zwift, a lot less. Maybe that's why it's hard to tell what is difference with draft. Anyway Rouvy feels more real for me because of those video recorded ride's. Actually one big difference is with descents. If Zwift have uphill 10% then the downhill is 5% with 100% trainer difficulty. On Rouvy -10% is -10% and you can feel that, especially with Neo you really need to keep your legs moving to have resistance. Most of a time I just keep coasting.

Tommy the augmented reality in both Rouvy and Bkool show the other riders. They both have a wide variety of climbs and level/ downhill routes. Some with surprises. On a Rouvy Route called Avenue of the giants. Pay attention at mile 16!
Edit: here is a rider overtaking me me because I slowed looking for a coffee shop.

A perfectly acceptable reason for being scalped in my book Randy!

Zwift is just so easy isn’t it… too easy. Maybe that’s one of the reasons it has mass appeal even with the numerous gripes.

But I need to spread the old wings a bit for sure.

<Tommy>

View in st moritz at mo - mustn’t grumble

Hope you took a warm coat!

Top Bottom