Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Interesting discussion on these Segment Battle points for the ZRL that I've just been catching up on - they're leaving it rather late again though aren't they?!

I do tentatively think they're a good idea, but we'll have to see how it works in practice.

To be honest I don't think it will change too much in terms of how the people in our team race, except for the fact that even if you're outside of the top 10 on the road it's now probably worth your while contesting your position through segments, whislt before you'd have just cruised through in whatever group you were in.

By far the biggest issue is getting a full team of 6 in the race each week!

A couple of amusing things arising from this morning’s first outing for Segment Battle Points.

First up, Mr Hitler isn’t too happy with Segment Battle Points

https://www.captiongenerator.com/v/2285541/hitler-reacts-to-segment-battle-points

Secondly, some advice posted on Facebook on how to understand which Segment Group you’re in

D04F1ECF-1D77-4886-9B2E-D31CFA9C67E5.jpeg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The times on the leg snapper by some teams in the B cat were ridiculous 37secs pushing 1000W for most of the climb😳

Alex found a C cat just behind in time too 😳😳

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
The times on the leg snapper by some teams in the B cat were ridiculous 37secs pushing 1000W for most of the climb😳

Alex found a C cat just behind in time too 😳😳
That's unfortunately to be expected, Andy. The nature of the pack (not pushing on flat bits) lends itself to people having full tanks of energy the first time up the Legsnapper. An 8.0W/kg effort with draft will result in a time of around 41-42s, that is something that even I can do. Add to that the feather power up, add to that the fact that the best riders in B can go at over 8W/kg for a minute so much harder for 40s... Yup 37s does sound feasible for a top-tier B puncher, by all means.

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
Hi,

I’m wanting to use my thru axle bike on my Neo2T. The axle size is 142x12

I bought the Neo2T 2nd hand and it only came with the QR adaptors installed and not the 142 adaptors.

Does anybody have any of the 142 adaptors spare that I could buy off them or if not, point me in the right direction?

Garmin support we’re not v helpful at all and I’ve bought a kit off the internet but it wasn’t the right one :cry:

Thanks all.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi,

I’m wanting to use my thru axle bike on my Neo2T. The axle size is 142x12

I bought the Neo2T 2nd hand and it only came with the QR adaptors installed and not the 142 adaptors.

Does anybody have any of the 142 adaptors spare that I could buy off them or if not, point me in the right direction?

Garmin support we’re not v helpful at all and I’ve bought a kit off the internet but it wasn’t the right one :cry:

Thanks all.

Garmin link, is this it?
https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/697123#devices

13 rider

Guru
These are fitted to the non driveside .

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Show some empathy. Think of poor @berty bassett suffering on the ski slopes and possibly burning his mouth on a hot cocoa that was a little too hot. Your chilly ride home from work pales in comparison.

I can’t complain at all really Randy! I have some really nice winter gear. I got these water proof cycling boots a fews ago and a decent pair of gloves. But let’s be honest, lee does go back year after year. Can’t really sympathise with someone who’s intentionally inflicting it on himself again and again either!

I think it’s really you who could teach most of us a thing or two about keeping warm this time of year Randy!

Buck

Guru
Well I chanced it again and contacted Garmin (dead end the last two times!) using the above link.

They are shipping the full kit to me with free shipping so less than £30 all in.

Now why couldn’t they have done that when I first asked instead of sending me on a run around dealers with no joy!?

Thanks all

Top Bottom