Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
If you just drag across the graph view of the section you want to look at it will zoom in. Then you can double-click the graph to zoom back out.

Tried that but it doesn't change the data at the top of the screen - it leaves it as the whole ride data. I want to see NP and IF for the race only (which is a lap on my Garmin) but my whole ride stats are on the top, which includes the warmdown after.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Tried that but it doesn't change the data at the top of the screen - it leaves it as the whole ride data. I want to see NP and IF for the race only (which is a lap on my Garmin) but my whole ride stats are on the top, which includes the warmdown after.

Since intervals.icu imports its data from Strava, could you not split the Strava activity and refresh?

alex_cycles

Veteran

OK found it.

Select the part you want. Scroll to the bottom and click "actions"
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.04.46.png

Then choose CROP

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.05.11.png

Looks like if you mess something up you can choose "Sync" to pull it down from strava again :okay:

Oh bugger it says "activities from Strava must be cropped on Strava". Well that's an option too. Or are you using a Garmin .FIT file? In which case it will probably work

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Especially when for some reason Strava gave me a faster time than you up Box Hill when you lead me out

^_^

I wouldn’t give Strava all the credit if I were you 😏

I’d be up for a midlands meet up too martin. I can hear the whippets little ears twitching at that prospect too! Maybe firm things up once you’ve planned your holiday. But I’m not going away until the summer this year so I’ll be relatively flexible.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks @Legs and @alex_cycles I don't really want to split the ride up. On Training Peaks, I just highlight the section I want and it shows the summary data for that portion - just I'm not paying for Premium on there now. I suspect it is possible on Intervals, I'll look how to raise a support request.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Thanks @Legs and @alex_cycles I don't really want to split the ride up. On Training Peaks, I just highlight the section I want and it shows the summary data for that portion - just I'm not paying for Premium on there now. I suspect it is possible on Intervals, I'll look how to raise a support request.

I totally get the issue. I tend to always finish the km I'm on after a race and sometimes do an extra 1-3 on the same course (as long as it's not uphill) before quitting. So you don't get precise values for "just the race". And if you crop it to "just the race", then your activity record is incorrect.
Talk about data conflict! I usually dual record with both Zwift and Garmin (and discard the Garmin data later once it's updated VO2max etc. to avoid duplication). I prefer the Zwift .FIT file on the record because it has elevation profile etc. on it. So what could be done in my case is crop the Garmin data and look at that before deleting it as a duplicate. Don't know if that would work for you or not?

Alternatively, crop just to look at it and then revert to the original. All a bit of a faffy workaround. There might be an easier way I've missed.

Possible Eureka moment
Alternatively, can you not just define the whole race as an "interval" and then choose whatever fields you want to see from the Fields menu?

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Tried that but can't get it to create the interval.

I could do it in TP Premium or TrainerRoad if I was signed up ^_^

I already have the faff of adding TSS manually - you would be surprised how much TSS you lose if you are racing on Zwift.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I downloaded that Sauce for Zwift yesterday and tried it during the race. I don't think it's an absolute game-changer or anything but I liked it and it's certainly an improvement on the standard Zwift HUD info - it's basically what Zwift should have done to the HUD themselves ages ago!

The draft guage is interesting, but I really like the info showing groups on the road and their current speeds and time gaps etc - that's really useful for races.

Average power will be useful for pacing TT's as well (the option to show 20 minute average power will be loved by sandbaggers!)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Tried that but can't get it to create the interval.

Oh well if you've asked on the forum, he'll probably be able to help.

I could do it in TP Premium or TrainerRoad if I was signed up ^_^
I ditched TrainerRoad when I realised all I was using it for was cross-platform TSS tracking.

I already have the faff of adding TSS manually - you would be surprised how much TSS you lose if you are racing on Zwift.
The only training stress this week was caused by SBP :laugh:

That was a damn good race yesterday though. Sprinty next week and I think at least four of us should be capable of scoring at least a couple of segment points. I don't know why that front group allowed us to catch at the end. Seemed silly, really. But maybe they were toasted from the sprint?

alex_cycles

Veteran
Much better way of displaying other riders. You get their speed, distance and group size. Also power and can see attacks coming out of a group.

Very useful feature

I love the idea, but find it kind of obnoxious that it's not available from Zwift itself on all platforms.
The trouble is I don't think the majority of Zwifters race so they probably don't give a damn (hence subbing ZRL out and the fiasco we had this week).

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I downloaded that Sauce for Zwift yesterday and tried it during the race. I don't think it's an absolute game-changer or anything but I liked it and it's certainly an improvement on the standard Zwift HUD info - it's basically what Zwift should have done to the HUD themselves ages ago!

The draft guage is interesting, but I really like the info showing groups on the road and their current speeds and time gaps etc - that's really useful for races.

Average power will be useful for pacing TT's as well (the option to show 20 minute average power will be loved by sandbaggers!)
..... I may need to switch from the ATV to a laptop .... :laugh:

Top Bottom