Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru

Good stuff. Looks like Carl had fun up the legsnapper!

We were third this week with a great all round team performance, I think Peter said everyone had a PB up the legsnapper, and he took FTS on the sprint. FTS and FAL spread all about the place, 4 in top 16 and all finishers which made the big difference.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

We were third this week with a great all round team performance, I think Peter said everyone had a PB up the legsnapper, and he took FTS on the sprint. FTS and FAL spread all about the place, 4 in top 16 and all finishers which made the big difference.

That sub 1 minute effort is made for me :training: Didn't have anything for the sprint afterwards though, but thankfully just managed to hang on to the group to recover enough to do it again laps 2 and 3.

Having an asthma attack at the moment which is not ideal, so I know I worked hard tonight :laugh:

Just seen my HR maxed at 194!

Well done Bs ... smashed it! :cheers:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well done guys 🙌. Shame no video this week, I think that would have been one of the more watchable ones from a spectators point of view. It’s a course that really lends itself to a points race isn’t it.

@Peter Salt your steady ascendency gives me hope that we might even get an A team one of these days!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
We had overall very decent results. Carl with his sprint to crush the Snapper twice three times, I think everyone got a pb of some sort, mine new snapper time of 51 secs 8 seconds faster over 50W up from recent previous-just behind Tommy on time :whistle:

I think a special shout out should go to Martin- What a comeback after having his hip replaced :bravo::bravo:
Came first in our team last night. :notworthy:

The team is battling mostly snr/masters/vets so we should give ourselves a high :highfive:

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
We had overall very decent results. Carl with his sprint to crush the Snapper twice, I think everyone got a pb os some sort, mine new snapper time of 51 secs 8 seconds faster over 50W up from recent previous-just behind Tommy on time :whistle:

I think a special shout out should go to Martin- What a comeback after having his hip replaced :bravo::bravo:

The team is battling mostly snr/masters/vets so we should give ourselves a high :highfive:

3 times 😉

We gave those kiddies a bloody nose last night. Us oldies still have life in us yet.

ZP says I maxed HR at 197 ... probably explains the asthma attack. Still suffering this morning. But we came 4th, so worth it 🥳🥳

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Just seen this...
1674634130388.png

<Tommy>

We had overall very decent results. Carl with his sprint to crush the Snapper twice, I think everyone got a pb os some sort, mine new snapper time of 51 secs 8 seconds faster over 50W up from recent previous-just behind Tommy on time :whistle:

^_^

Well done Andy, on almost beating my best time :tongue:.

I’m not much of a target on that type of climb let’s be honest! But it does show the small if any margin between categories particularly at the ‘pinch’ points so to speak. Really though well done on the progress. It’s always nice to feel like your moving forward isn’t it.

Chuffed for Martin too! Well done on moving forward mate.

Norry1

Legendary Member

Chuffed for Martin too! Well done on moving forward mate.

Thanks fellas - It felt like quite a step forward last night. My post-op 1 minute power went up nearly 20%. I think the Tiny Races are beginning to restore my VO2 max stuff.

The op seems some time ago now (5 months) and without getting mushy, I still appreciate all the supportive comments and notes I received when I was pretty down. You know who you are :hugs:

<Tommy>

Thanks fellas - It felt like quite a step forward last night. My post-op 1 minute power went up nearly 20%. I think the Tiny Races are beginning to restore my VO2 max stuff.

The op seems some time ago now (5 months) and without getting mushy, I still appreciate all the supportive comments and notes I received when I was pretty down. You know who you are :hugs:

I was actually thinking of PM’ing you last night to see if you fancied another go at the Surrey hills this year. But I think Bob as well as a few others would fancy it too so figure I might as well mention it here. Maybe March / April? Really from a selfish point of view I want to start filling rides in the calendar as summer prep. But it’s obv a great day out on its own. @Del C maybe?

I’m not sure who else lives within driving distance.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I was actually thinking of PM’ing you last night to see if you fancied another go at the Surrey hills this year. But I think Bob as well as a few others would fancy it too so figure I might as well mention it here. Maybe March / April? Really from a selfish point of view I want to start filling rides in the calendar as summer prep. But it’s obv a great day out on its own. @Del C maybe?

I’m not sure who else lives within driving distance.

Yep, deffo up for that @<Tommy> if the dates work - really enjoyed the last one. Especially when for some reason Strava gave me a faster time than you up Box Hill when you lead me out ^_^ We (Wendy and I) are off abroad sometime in March but no date fixed yet.

It would be good to get a few rides lined up - maybe a Midlands one as well for us more central mob.

.... and maybe a couple of 100 Hills hunting recce's.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Question for you Intervals.icu users.

How do I cut a portion out of a ride so I can analyse it separately? If it helps, I did flag it as a lap on my Garmin.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Comparing age group and weight groups I came in the top 1% for weight and age category's from last night's effort. Which I'm probably more pleased about than my overall results.

No complaints, chuffed I can be competitive. Onto next weeks flat course :biggrin:

Top Bottom