Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well, had a first go at the Tiny races earlier- they're nasty little fellas aren't they?!

I didn't do very well...:B)

Oh, and 90% of people were sent the wrong wat on race 3 so it was all tarmac, making my change to a gravel bike a bit counterproductive :rolleyes:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Well, had a first go at the Tiny races earlier- they're nasty little fellas aren't they?!

I didn't do very well...:B)

Oh, and 90% of people were sent the wrong wat on race 3 so it was all tarmac, making my change to a gravel bike a bit counterproductive :rolleyes:

It's to do with the new Zwift update. Everyone who updated went straight. Everyone who didn't update went left. The new Zwift version appears to have introduced a bug that breaks several Makuri routes. Eric annulled race 3 from the League results which was the right thing to do.

Tiny races are great fun.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Yeah I kind of feel like the fact I hated them means I really ought to do more of them because clearly it's the kind of effort I need to improve on!

After every single one you feel like you can't go on, but you click the button anyway in case you might be ok in 6-7 minutes.
And then, somehow, you are - just about - able to do it again, and again, and again (but not always).

It's just intervals :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m up for a Surrey ride around April/May @<Tommy> - haven’t seen any dates mentioned? I’ve got a few other rides and family commitments around that time so the sooner I can “bagsy” a date in the family calendar the better!

Worth moving to the meet-ups thread?? 🙂

Excellent!

Dates haven’t been mentioned really. Maybe we say April rather than March. Hopefully the weather nicer, days longer, and Martin is making plans for March. But in terms of dates why don’t you call the one that suits you because no one else has given a preference yet.

We can iron out the details in the meet up thread but it’s good talking here in the hope of getting some more shed dwellers roped in!

BurningLegs

Veteran
Okay 👍 How about the 7th, 13th, or 14th of May?

I could probably do 22nd or 23rd of April but April is a tricky month for me with lots of family commitments. As with all these things though we won’t find a date that works for everyone so it should be the date that works for the most 🙂

bridgy

Legendary Member
Tiny races from earlier today - and a look at sauce for zwift too.

The sauce stuff is still a bit of a work in progress in terms of what info I use on screen and where. Also it's a bit of a faff to screen record and in reality I had the rider names better positioned on my screen than it appears in the video. I turned the sauce rider list off for the last race because I wasn't sure I preferred it to the standard rider list (I had mainly put it there because I thought showing the rider speed might be useful but it really wasn't in this type of race). There are other uses of it, like you can click on any rider and see all their stats etc and even link directly to their zwiftpower profile. You can also mark particular riders like teammates or close competitors but I haven't really played around with that much yet.

Anyway as you'll see if you watch any of it, the Sauce stuff doesn't really help me be very good at Tiny races!

View: https://youtu.be/kKzyuqk5Ito

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Sauce
Really like the clearer rider details. I have the draft meter set the same overlaying the power up. I might go an fiddle with the settings. Ive just been loading Sauce up just before the event, I need to plan :laugh:

I watched your first race. It was a positioning error that cost you. You were on the outside of the pack as the climb going around a bend, this dropped you to the back of the pack, just as the pace started to creep up. You powered your way to the leaders, again just as everyone was going for the sprint finish. Clearly you had the power to be right up there-

Stay in the top 10-20 and no lower(vital) then you will have something left for the sprint finish

2nd race, on the long climb, all of a sudden your HR jumped from 172 to 180, power dropped off -Was that you hitting the max HR and needing to back off?

Race 4 something going on with your HR - low reading. It looked like you were suffering-like we all have :heat::B)

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sauce
Really like the clearer rider details. I have the draft meter set the same overlaying the power up. I might go an fiddle with the settings. Ive just been loading Sauce up just before the event, I need to plan :laugh:

I watched your first race. It was a positioning error that cost you. You were on the outside of the pack as the climb going around a bend, this dropped you to the back of the pack, just as the pace started to creep up. You powered your way to the leaders, again just as everyone was going for the sprint finish. Clearly you had the power to be right up there-

Stay in the top 10-20 and no lower(vital) then you will have something left for the sprint finish

2nd race, on the long climb, all of a sudden your HR jumped from 172 to 180, power dropped off -Was that you hitting the max HR and needing to back off?

Race 4 something going on with your HR - low reading. It looked like you were suffering-like we all have :heat::B)

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into my HR reading - my HRM has been playing up a bit recently and giving some very odd numbers!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sauce

Yeah there's SO MANY data options with Sauce and so many ways to display them that it takes a bit of tinkering to nail down what's useful for you, and get the balance between having the extra data on screen vs cluttering up your screen with too much. You can set up multiple profiles so have one set of data for a race , a different layout for TTT, and another for just group rides etc. which does seem like the way to go as you don't always need the same info on screen for those different activities

Top Bottom