Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
No Worries Paul, had Bob to keep me company :tongue: .

New FTP today 327W .Had a cracking sprint too, but was on my absolute max with 0.5 mile from finish. I went early and thought I had it, when I hit the aero boost, but 2 riders blasted by, which I held their wheel whilst a third rider tried to take me. I kept him back by half a wheel. Good race all round. I shouldhave a barny with the wife more often :laugh:

We've made up now:smooch:
What kind of watts are you guys producing in sprint?
I did a sprint workout this week and max'ed at just over 1000 watts, but I feel I could go a bit higher. Problem is that the tire starts to slip, so it's not possible to go higher on my Bkool Pro and my 76 kg

bobinski

Legendary Member
I did a sprint workout this week and max'ed at just over 1000 watts, but I feel I could go a bit higher. Problem is that the tire starts to slip, so it's not possible to go higher on my Bkool Pro and my 76 kg

I could hit 1300w on the pro at 78 kilos. I am 72ish k now and can hit about 800w on the NEO. That is poor but it is what is!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Tonight for 200metres I averaged 494 peaked at 584. But I went for a long sprint 750 metres, basically burnt any spike. I have hit a 1000w when going for a short bursts. I tend to not peak like that often and prefer to hold 600+ watts for longer.

Time to look at direct drive. DaveR has a fluid elite trainer with a power meter crank. Says it's very nice and lots of resistance to build power against.

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Tonight for 200metres I averaged 494 peaked at 584. But I went for a long sprint 750 metres, basically burnt any spike. I have hit a 1000w when going for a short bursts. I tend to not peak like that often and prefer to hold 600+ watts for longer.

Time to look at direct drive. DaveR has a fluid elite trainer with a power meter crank. Says it's very nice and lots of resistance to build power against.
My setup with Bkool Pro and 4iiii power meter works fine in Zwift and sprint is not really a thing I aim for. Think I'll stick with that for now☺

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Zwiftpower has caught up on recent results and promoted me into B cat ^_^ I still have low points count, but as I understand Dave's comments, is due to my original results when I first joined zwiftpower in C cat. Now to try build a little :wacko:

JLaw

Veteran
I was hitting 1200+ consistently in the fall, but I was also racing all the time and I'm sure that helped.

These days I'm in the 900-1000 range and only if I haven't been racing for an hour prior.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Zwiftpower has caught up on recent results and promoted me into B cat ^_^ I still have low points count, but as I understand Dave's comments, is due to my original results when I first joined zwiftpower in C cat. Now to try build a little :wacko:

Surely some mistake?!? ;) Only kidding :biggrin:
I dropped 500 points despite racing at bang on ftp and mid B watts/k so a bit confused but will just have to race more.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I dropped 500 points despite racing at bang on ftp and mid B watts/k so a bit confused but will just have to race more.

Who have you upset to merit points reduction :whistle: I think its just Zwiftpower refining the points system. You're still B cat within 5 points of me which reflects the closeness of our result yesterday. S Lynch, who won our group yesterday is the same points as us. There were 3 A cats in the B group top 10. With the same W/kg, I need an extra 70W to match you Bob. I need to lose a little more weight.-can I be bothered?:boxing:

Im going to do Zsun club ride @ 8.30. Dont know if ill do all 2 hours but will see

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Who have you upset to merit points reduction :whistle: I think its just Zwiftpower refining the points system. You're still B cat within 5 points of me which reflects the closeness of our result yesterday. S Lynch, who won our group yesterday is the same points as us.

Im going to do Zsun club ride @ 8.30. Dont know if ill do all 2 hours but will see

Enjoy. I am taking youngest and his mates to take part in his first ever Warhammer competition so will try and do the chain gang later.

Norry1

Legendary Member

I seem to have dropped 146 points without doing anything :smile:

The FAQ now doesn't seem to mention points for each category - just w/kg limits or am I missing something?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Odd Zsun ride, it was reverse of what I'm normally used to, so took a little getting used to climbing descents. Easily confused :crazy:

Top Bottom