Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
No worries. I could have held it back, but it's not like you'll win a ZRL helmet from it :laugh: Be interesting if you can beat me though, really.
I think you might as there's more down than up...

View attachment 683456

Definitely need to make a chunk of time ahead of you Alex to the foot of the climb, lose probably most and a little bit more, then regain lost ground to overtake you at the finish line

Sounds like a plan 😁

alex_cycles

Veteran
Definitely need to make a chunk of time ahead of you Alex to the foot of the climb, lose probably most and a little bit more, then regain lost ground to overtake you at the finish line

Sounds like a plan 😁

Pity you can't have a holoreplay of someone else's ride :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
Wasn't ignoring you Andy zwift companion not working . Great move timed just right ,I was trying to drop you up the climb to give myself room on the downhill where weight works against me
Are we sure drafting was off ,I was surprised I could hang hang on that long

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was really surprised when all 5 of you blasted past me just after leaving the pens. You then put me under pressure to just hang on. Once Tim, Pete and Michael left us I settled down and kept telling myself just hang on for 6 mins . I did think your bursts would get away and I would have to chase you down. I had to work really hard to get the 10sec lead on the downhill to the finish

13 rider

Guru
Did the same loop this morning on the tour of Watopia where you get an auto bike change to mountain bike interestingly I was 5 sec slower on the descent on the gravel bike but 18 sec quicker up the climb ,this may be because I was being chased by Andy tonight on the climb

alex_cycles

Veteran
With a 'mass' start felt very different to a normal TT great to be able to pace an avatar rather than clock watching .
Definitely not sure about the draft being off ,even I beat Alex solo time ?

Yes. It looks as if having someone to chase is a good way to make you dig deep. Either that or you're stronger than you think. (Or both).
I've got a full-on couple of days now Chasing Dwars tomorrow 39.6km (4 laps of Park Perimeter loop)
Then I'm doing a TTT (Casse Pattes 1 lap, but I'm the weakest) with the new team on Thursday morning to see how they do things (I'll video that and share in our CCC chat).

Otherwise I'd offer you a rematch :laugh: (but to be honest, the jungle circuit sucks - even if it was my random number that selected it :laugh:)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Did the same loop this morning on the tour of Watopia where you get an auto bike change to mountain bike interestingly I was 5 sec slower on the descent on the gravel bike but 18 sec quicker up the climb ,this may be because I was being chased by Andy tonight on the climb

Probably the bike as well. MTB is a lot heavier so better at descending and worse at climbing

Top Bottom