Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Tonight's event now moved to 19:15.

Sorry I still missed the event chaps. 🙈

Off on a work trip hence the 5am post - at 7:15pm I was phafffing getting a bag packed before an overnighter at Dublin airport. Managed a workout before I left so fitness compulsion disorder box ticked off for Tuesday. Goodness knows what I’ll do tonight as I hate hotel exercise bikes but needs must.

Hope you all had a good race.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
If you havent heard Zwift/ZP have changed their riders power assessments. Alex has been keeping us upto date on the relatively unannounced change.

For CCC means Alex has dropped back into C, Carl moved from the promotion zone. Me Im still a big fat C (insert compliment) ;)

What has it done to your ZP racing category?

To find out you need to refresh your profile, tiny text just below your level number and picture

13 rider

Guru
Okay, it looks like changing the time of the event may have reset the drafting option to default. While I can't check what the settings were for the event just gone, I have looked at the third event on Thursday (that currently myself and Carl are the only ones signed up to do) and drafting is now back on with that one as well despite me originally switching it off - remember that I moved it from 7pm to 6:30pm yesterday.

Now switched it back off and saved the settings, so we'll see what happens - though chances are Carl will race away from me at the start so I won't get a chance to see if it has worked or not!
If that's the case thanks @Legs 😁 Or should that be legs jnr for going to cubs

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I only really made the suggestion for @mjd1988 and @IrishAl 's benefit - I was ready to ride well before 7pm!

Looking at @CXRAndy 's video, it really does look very obviously as if there's drafting going on amongst you guys! :eek:

EDIT -
@Legs First descent 3:50 @ 323W, Second descent 3:58 @ 294W (96.6% speed, 91.0% power)
@Peter Salt First descent 4:05 @ 236W, Second descent 4:06 @ 239W (99.6% speed, 101.3% power)
@mjd1988 First descent 4:04 @ 236W, Second descent 4:09 @ 273W (98.0% speed, 115.7% power)
@CXRAndy First descent 4:04 @ 250W, Second descent 4:14 @ 257W (96.1% speed, 102.8% power)
@13 rider First descent 4:03 @ 207W, Second descent 4:26 @ 207W (91.4% speed, 100% power)
@alex_cycles First descent 4:18 @ 205W, Second descent 4:23 @ 197W (98.1% speed, 96.1% power)

Notable how much more power Michael put down on the second descent, but was still a bit slower than the first (drafting) descent.

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
I only really made the suggestion for @mjd1988 and @IrishAl 's benefit - I was ready to ride well before 7pm!

Looking at @CXRAndy 's video, it really does look very obviously as if there's drafting going on amongst you guys! :eek:

Agreed. Altho you didn't benefit from it and you won -are there any time gaps that are close enough to be effected? Wouldn't be dying to do that again but will do if it has impacted the final results!

Interestingly the new categorisation appears to have sweeped up a low of lower cat riders into the cat below rather than upgrading anyone. So I am a solid C now but maybe would have been a month or two ago as well? Who knows.

Worth shaking things up but presumably once the shifting sands settle people will put them in bags again.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If you havent heard Zwift/ZP have changed their riders power assessments. Alex has been keeping us upto date on the relatively unannounced change.

For CCC means Alex has dropped back into C, Carl moved from the promotion zone. Me Im still a big fat C (insert compliment) ;)

What has it done to your ZP racing category?

To find out you need to refresh your profile, tiny text just below your level number and picture

You're our TTT powerhouse .... it's all muscle 😁

Who'd have thunk it, whatever categorisation method Zwift use, I'm still in C. Seems even Zwift can't get it right and place me into B 🤣

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Agreed. Altho you didn't benefit from it and you won -are there any time gaps that are close enough to be effected? Wouldn't be dying to do that again but will do if it has impacted the final results!

Interestingly the new categorisation appears to have sweeped up a low of lower cat riders into the cat below rather than upgrading anyone. So I am a solid C now but maybe would have been a month or two ago as well? Who knows.

Worth shaking things up but presumably once the shifting sands settle people will put them in bags again.

Ignore the sandbag callers ... we all always ride 100% , and let the system decide where we should be placed.

Re the TT ride, I wouldn't worry about it. Seems you all had a good race and that's the important thing 👍

alex_cycles

Veteran

DQ - Refereeeeeeeeeeeee :laugh:

It's all good learning for us to be honest. But the best thing to do going forward would be not to put on a TT on the jungle circuit again.
It sounded like it would be fun and it's nice to experiment, but when you experiment, sometimes things go wrong. :laugh:

I was expecting Andy to possibly beat me by maybe 20s because of the course profile, but was surprised at a whole minute.

Chasing Dwars at 1030. 4 laps of Park Perimeter loop. :eek:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Perhaps we should have all ridden TT bikes to be sure - it'd have put us all back by a minute or so but that wouldn't have mattered - but hindsight is wonderful, isn't it?

Not sure I'd have been able to ride the others off my wheel if they'd known that drafting was activated. It'd have made a good course for a short, punchy mass-start race, I think!

Top Bottom