Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Perhaps we should have all ridden TT bikes to be sure - it'd have put us all back by a minute or so but that wouldn't have mattered - but hindsight is wonderful, isn't it?

Not sure I'd have been able to ride the others off my wheel if they'd known that drafting was activated. It'd have made a good course for a short, punchy mass-start race, I think!

I wouldn’t have raced that course on a TT bike. Mind you after coming last in Dwars, I’m wishing I hadn’t raced it anyway, so perhaps you’re right? 😂

steverob

Guru
I wouldn’t have raced that course on a TT bike. Mind you after coming last in Dwars, I’m wishing I hadn’t raced it anyway, so perhaps you’re right? 😂
Well if you hadn't raced then you would have got Phil's time plus 5%, which would be 24:54, which is 31 seconds worse than what you got, so it's good you did set a time.

And by the time I race on Thursday, that penalty time will no doubt be even worse, as I'm going to be aiming for about 25 minutes.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
DQ - Refereeeeeeeeeeeee :laugh:

It's all good learning for us to be honest. But the best thing to do going forward would be not to put on a TT on the jungle circuit again.
It sounded like it would be fun and it's nice to experiment, but when you experiment, sometimes things go wrong. :laugh:

I was expecting Andy to possibly beat me by maybe 20s because of the course profile, but was surprised at a whole minute.

Chasing Dwars at 1030. 4 laps of Park Perimeter loop. :eek:

I think I only lost 4 secs to you on the climb. I was 40 secs ahead at the lead in bridge, and 36 secs ahead at the rope bridge. I then had push the effort, to keep Phil away on the final descent so gained another 24secs on you there

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Well if you hadn't raced then you would have got Phil's time plus 5%, which would be 24:54, which is 31 seconds worse than what you got, so it's good you did set a time.

And by the time I race on Thursday, that penalty time will no doubt be even worse, as I'm going to be aiming for about 25 minutes.

Oh I don't really regret doing it, but I was thinking about it when I got dropped from group 2 after two laps. :laugh: (Just 5 minutes with group 1 today - to the first punchy climb).

alex_cycles

Veteran
Makes no difference if we’re all in the same boat, though, does it?

Depends why you do it. I don't enjoy riding dirt on a tron or TT bike. It doesn't feel nice at all.
I squeezed it in as an extra this week for fun. If it wouldn't have been fun I wouldn't have done it.

It's not as if I had any places to gain or lose in the GC after only doing one race :laugh:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Depends why you do it. I don't enjoy riding dirt on a tron or TT bike. It doesn't feel nice at all.
I squeezed it in as an extra this week for fun. If it wouldn't have been fun I wouldn't have done it.

It's not as if I had any places to gain or lose in the GC after only doing one race :laugh:
:wacko: It should 'feel' exactly the same, except that your avatar 'moves' through the scenery slightly slower and the effort lasts longer. Anything else is purely psychosomatic. It's like the people who say that erg mode intervals are harder going downhill - because of the psychological disconnect with the high avatar speed tricking your brain into thinking that it should be easy.

A time trial should certainly not be involving any Type 1 Fun.

alex_cycles

Veteran
:wacko: It should 'feel' exactly the same, except that your avatar 'moves' through the scenery slightly slower and the effort lasts longer.

EXACTLY THAT. It feels like tough going and I don't enjoy it.

Anything else is purely psychosomatic. It's like the people who say that erg mode intervals are harder going downhill - because of the psychological disconnect with the high avatar speed tricking your brain into thinking that it should be easy.

A time trial should certainly not be involving any Type 1 Fun.

Fun is also psychosomatic if you want to put it that way. I do this for fun

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
If you havent heard Zwift/ZP have changed their riders power assessments. Alex has been keeping us upto date on the relatively unannounced change.

For CCC means Alex has dropped back into C, Carl moved from the promotion zone. Me Im still a big fat C (insert compliment) ;)

What has it done to your ZP racing category?

To find out you need to refresh your profile, tiny text just below your level number and picture
No change.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@steverob I probably can't ride tomorrow now (house hunting so away gor a few days) .... could give it a go though tonight. Could you set up a ride for 7 this evening and I'll give it a go on my own?

Unless anyone fancies pacing me up the hill?

Top Bottom