Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Cheers @steverob .... I may regret asking you to do that for me, as I had a spin yesterday, and went to the gym earlier ... and no one to draft ...

Do I need any more excuses, or should that suffice? :laugh:

Edit: I've got a new excuse ... I'm riding it on a MTB .... I've never ridden a MTB (either on Zwift or real life) so why not give it a pop on this course? :smile:

Last edited:

Whorty

@steverob thanks for setting up the ride .. completed (on MTB, no drafting ;) ) I think time was 22:15

I have noticed that my Atom drive-chain has started slipping and this has corresponded with a performance improvement ..... need to get an engineer in to service the bike as I assume the chain is stretched - anyone know if this would 'increase' watts artificially or is it just a conincidence?

Until serviced I'm going to avoid races as don't want to bugger bike and/or unfairly get an advantage

Saying that, in Jordan last week with the Garmin pedals my power was good so maybe I'm just getting fitter now calf is fixed and the leg work in the gym is getting the legs stronger.

Not sure ...

Last edited:

Whorty

Great time, @Whorty - I think the MTBs are a little bit slower than the gravel bikes, too.

Was hard with no one was to pace/chase so I had no real idea when to push, and when to back off. I just assumed to put extra power into anything upwards, and 'recover' on anything downwards

Michael was 1 second faster than me, so could have been interesting if we'd done it together as we have may pushed each other harder and grabbed a few extra seconds each.

mjd1988

Guru
Was hard with no one was to pace/chase so I had no real idea when to push, and when to back off. I just assumed to put extra power into anything upwards, and 'recover' on anything downwards

Michael was 1 second faster than me, so could have been interesting if we'd done it together as we have may pushed each other harder and grabbed a few extra seconds each.

I think we put out the exact same watts? Leaving you with a higher w/kg so you'd definitely have won but would have been fun!

Anyone any race series planned soon? Would be good to race in a huge c team. I know the dirt league is a few weeks away yet

Whorty

I think we put out the exact same watts? Leaving you with a higher w/kg so you'd definitely have won but would have been fun!

Anyone any race series planned soon? Would be good to race in a huge c team. I know the dirt league is a few weeks away yet

I noticed that too, 288 watts ... how spooky is that?

I've just requested a service for the Atom .. once done I'll hopefully be racing again ... can't at the moment because when I push hard the chain/resistence slips. Hopefully the engineer can fix and it doesn't impact the riding lol

alex_cycles

Veteran

Why don't you guys enter the DRS with a team?

There's also the Chasing Tour series at the moment which I've been doing the Classics part of. But I won't be able to do all the Stage Races as I'm committed to DRS

BurningLegs

Veteran
I've just requested a service for the Atom .. once done I'll hopefully be racing again ... can't at the moment because when I push hard the chain/resistence slips. Hopefully the engineer can fix and it doesn't impact the riding lol
Presumably a Wattbike service engineer who’s doing it? What do they charge for that, and is it free under warranty?

This seems like a big advantage of a Wattbike over Wahoo or Tacx/Garmin who I don’t think do local servicing??

mjd1988

Guru
Presumably a Wattbike service engineer who’s doing it? What do they charge for that, and is it free under warranty?

This seems like a big advantage of a Wattbike over Wahoo or Tacx/Garmin who I don’t think do local servicing??
Be interested to hear how that works. If I have to send my neobike again I might ask them to keep it, much as I love it, it's such a faff

Edit; I am mindful that mainland UK may have a different service than norn iron

steverob

Guru
The only time I've had a technical problem with my Wattbike Atom (which was while it was under warranty, so it was all free of charge) they said that they wouldn't/couldn't send out an engineer, so instead sent a van round with a reconditioned spare Atom and swapped mine for that, then a few weeks later when it was fixed, swapped them back again. However this was back in 2019, so things may have changed since then.

The most difficult thing about it was arranging a time for the swap to be done - as this was pre-Covid, I was still commuting every day, meaning I left the house at 7:30am and got home at 8pm, so finding someone from their staff willing to do the drop off that early or late took a while to sort out.

Top Bottom