Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
With a 'mass' start felt very different to a normal TT great to be able to pace an avatar rather than clock watching .
Definitely not sure about the draft being off ,even I beat Alex solo time ?

I certainly fell into a rhythm of "drafting" but not sure if that was just habit, but it did seem very like we were keeping Tim's gap down without doing a whole pile of work? That said never TT'd on anything that wasn't a TT bike and we were all moving slower and once it went uphill it was very much TT mode. And pain.

Edit- and as pointed out my raw watts on the flat are going to be more important than w/kg. Enjoyed keeping as a group anyway!

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Really nice TT. Zero chance against the big boys on flats, not to mention descents.

@Legs crushing it as always - but I've managed to steal the KOM jersey. 5 seconds gained uphill, 15 lost downhill. Reminded me of another Splitters race :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
That would probably have been less painful if I’d taken my own advice and paced it better! Not a good idea to put out more watts on the downhill start than up the hill, but hey!
I ignored that wisely offered advice as well . Just decided to hang on to the little group on the downhill and see what was left in the tank

alex_cycles

Veteran
Don't you get that sign when doing TT organised properly without clubs?

Yes but drafting is ON for those. (If you mean TTT - it's not for iTT). Did you have anything appearing on your Sauce for draft?

steverob

Guru
I was getting the ‘CLOSE THE GAP’ message, so I wasn’t entirely convinced that drafting was off. I wanted to ride my own race (and more importantly I wanted to make sure Pete and Michael weren’t able to draft me!) so I thought I’d gun it on that first descent…
Well that's a bit of a bugger. The link I was using to make the edits to Club events did say that it might not work (it wasn't really designed for that purpose - it's a bit of a hack) but when Alex and I tested it, it did so we thought it was safe to go for it in the real event. Oh well, too late to do anything about it now.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Well that's a bit of a bugger. The link I was using to make the edits to Club events did say that it might not work (it wasn't really designed for that purpose - it's a bit of a hack) but when Alex and I tested it, it did so we thought it was safe to go for it in the real event. Oh well, too late to do anything about it now.

Yeah I just watched a bit of Andy’s video and saw ”close the gap“ a few times and his head bobbing up and down. But it didn’t seem to be as much as usual. Never mind. Gives me an excuse why y’all beat me. :laugh:

steverob

Guru
Okay, it looks like changing the time of the event may have reset the drafting option to default. While I can't check what the settings were for the event just gone, I have looked at the third event on Thursday (that currently myself and Carl are the only ones signed up to do) and drafting is now back on with that one as well despite me originally switching it off - remember that I moved it from 7pm to 6:30pm yesterday.

Now switched it back off and saved the settings, so we'll see what happens - though chances are Carl will race away from me at the start so I won't get a chance to see if it has worked or not!

alex_cycles

Veteran
Okay, it looks like changing the time of the event may have reset the drafting option to default. While I can't check what the settings were for the event just gone, I have looked at the third event on Thursday (that currently myself and Carl are the only ones signed up to do) and drafting is now back on with that one as well despite me originally switching it off - remember that I moved it from 7pm to 6:30pm yesterday.

Now switched it back off and saved the settings, so we'll see what happens - though chances are Carl will race away from me at the start so I won't get a chance to see if it has worked or not!

Make them all do it again, the cheating, drafting sandbaggers :laugh:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Ultimate verification would be to record an entire ride on both the Wattbike and this setup, and then compare the data. I think there's some sort of tool for doing that on the DCRainmaker website? Anyone used it?

I’ve used the zwiftpower dual recording function a bit when I was top end of cat B - ah back in the day 😅 - comparing assioma and Neo 2. I found the Assioma regularly c. 1-2% higher than the neo2. Who knows why the difference - I’ve heard drivetrain losses could explain it but that’s a whole different argument. Certainly more closely aligned than the old Bkool days.

I adjusted down the Assioma until I got them comparable so I’m that way they were good for comparing outdoor rides with indoor like Andy says.

Here’s a snip of some of my comparisons - you’ll see there’s still some variability.

A2DC0790-2768-4E63-90A3-B6AC09542B2E.jpeg

Top Bottom