Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Damn - without racing I've gone to B cat :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm assuming the CC Splitters TT I did on Tuesday has been used to cat me ... that's interesting (and fair) as it probably means all Zwift activity is now used in the algorithm.
I never like C races anyway :whistle:
The irony now is until the bike is fixed, I can't race anyway so it may as well have put me in A+ cat :biggrin: And once bike is fixed/serviced, it may recalibrate and I'm back in D

Destined never to be in the same cat!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah you know your screen is too small if it's half the size of the fan. Great looking setup though

Next is to dust off the other equipment and load it on the trailer for install. cant do that for a few days-back on with bathroom and underfloor heating :ohmy:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Has anyone got a Samsung TV with multiview?

Its supposed to allow split screen viewing eg game on one side and mirrored movie from phone on the other side

Norry1

Legendary Member

Its supposed to allow split screen viewing eg game on one side and mirrored movie from phone on the other side

I have a 48" Samsung but no idea if it has Multiview - I'll investigate later.

If I run Zwift and say Youtube or a movie, I have Zwift on my laptop on a sidestand and Youtube on the TV. I can cast but prefer to use an HMDI cable. I switch between them using Source on the TV controller.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I have a 48" Samsung but no idea if it has Multiview - I'll investigate later.

If I run Zwift and say Youtube or a movie, I have Zwift on my laptop on a sidestand and Youtube on the TV. I can cast but prefer to use an HMDI cable. I switch between them using Source on the TV controller.

I found casting a bit unreliable - intermittently choppy picture. No looking back since using an HDMI cable.
Doesn't really matter if you get a few seconds of buffering on a video, but it can spoil a race on Zwift.

BurningLegs

Veteran

I don’t, but I do have an LG which achieves this with the 3D technology. Rather than a Left/Right image displayed on screen then filtered with the polarised glasses, it displays two entirely different images and depending on which set of polarised glasses you wear depends on what content you see.

mjd1988

Guru
Is it Tuesday evenings? Depending on the time I would be interested, and willing to re-subscribe to Zwift for a good race series! :smile:

FB_IMG_1680339375693.jpg

alex_cycles

Veteran

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a good endurance ride, new location and TV were good. I split the screen, watched a film and Zwift with plenty of size to read the text. Helps with higher resolution screen too.

The organisers lifted the red barrier after half way, a largish group pushed on. I went with them until we were 7. Kept my final power up for the sprint and nicked it on the line.

I don't care if it's group ride, a win is a win :tongue: ;)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Had a good endurance ride, new location and TV were good. I split the screen, watched a film and Zwift with plenty of size to read the text. Helps with higher resolution screen too.

The organisers lifted the red barrier after half way, a largish group pushed on. I went with them until we were 7. Kept my final power up for the sprint and nicked it on the line.

I don't care if it's group ride, a win is a win :tongue: ;)

Nice one. I had a gentle bimble round ToW stage 4 short ride. After 2 days off sick, it's good to be back, but won't be racing again for a few more days. A weird thing happened though. I seemed to be set as the "spawn point" for late joining riders. Buggers kept appearing behind or next to me for about 3/4 of the way round my ride, like this...

View: https://youtu.be/kV34lL6Q0J4

Top Bottom