Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Did my first race for a few weeks after the lurgy struck. It was the WBR 2 lap Greater London Flat. I went off quite hard and was in the top 50 of around 200 with only 1 or 2 other C riders that I could see. After 10 miles we were travelling at just over my FTP with frequent Ramps. My mind caved in and I slowed and allowed a group 20+ seconds behind to catch me up.

I stayed in this group which was circulating below my FTP plus ramps the rest of the race. The pace picked up as we neared the end and I couldn't quite stay with the lead riders but had enough for a good (for me) sprint plus I had an Aero power-up. I was a touch disappointed to see I had come in 12th in C but quite a few riders looked like they may get DQ'd.

When the final results came out I was surprised to see I had got 3rd - and set my best 5min, 1min, 15sec and 5sec race times. Trying to interpret this, I guess it shows I went off faster than usual, held it a bit longer and sprinted harder. My overall av power and NP were not my best however.

Now I have to start getting some time in the saddle outside as I have Fred Whitton coming up fast in May and I've not ridden a 100 miler for ages :hyper:.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Did my first race for a few weeks after the lurgy struck. It was the WBR 2 lap Greater London Flat. I went off quite hard and was in the top 50 of around 200 with only 1 or 2 other C riders that I could see. After 10 miles we were travelling at just over my FTP with frequent Ramps. My mind caved in and I slowed and allowed a group 20+ seconds behind to catch me up.

I stayed in this group which was circulating below my FTP plus ramps the rest of the race. The pace picked up as we neared the end and I couldn't quite stay with the lead riders but had enough for a good (for me) sprint plus I had an Aero power-up. I was a touch disappointed to see I had come in 12th in C but quite a few riders looked like they may get DQ'd.

When the final results came out I was surprised to see I had got 3rd - and set my best 5min, 1min, 15sec and 5sec race times. Trying to interpret this, I guess it shows I went off faster than usual, held it a bit longer and sprinted harder. My overall av power and NP were not my best however.

Now I have to start getting some time in the saddle outside as I have Fred Whitton coming up fast in May and I've not ridden a 100 miler for ages :hyper:.
fred whitton and fast shouldnt be in the same sentence - ever:wacko:
been up some of them hills and all i can say is i hope you have the sun on your back sir
your'll love it

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well done Whorty. I put up a time on the Surrey hills a few weeks ago I’m quite happy with. I lost about 30 seconds when the missus started haranguing me about something but still pretty good. I think that route is really good as an interval session and keep meaning to do that course hack so I can use it more.

Just checked strava and I’m inside the top 400 out of 6000 attempts so not too shabby! I don’t think you completed the course Carl which is a shame. Bloody annoying if you stopped just short of the finish.
Wasn't sure where the course finished. That is an annoyance with zwift. Oh well, means I'll have to do it again :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Wasn't sure where the course finished. That is an annoyance with zwift. Oh well, means I'll have to do it again :okay:

It is a strange one considering all the banners and confetti that seemed to get plastered over the screen every five minutes. It would be handy if you could scroll through different timers as they overlap on a specific section. E.g. when going up box hill you could check your overall time for the ‘Surrey hills’ loop. I feel an email coming...

In the mean time Whorty. I make a note of how long the loop is you’ve selected. Then make sure you pass that distance marker by a couple of hundred feet at the end.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Faster than Cav :okay:

28377795_10157157412814278_461284630509833610_n.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It is a strange one considering all the banners and confetti that seemed to get plastered over the screen every five minutes. It would be handy if you could scroll through different timers as they overlap on a specific section. E.g. when going up box hill you could check your overall time for the ‘Surrey hills’ loop. I feel an email coming...

In the mean time Whorty. I make a note of how long the loop is you’ve selected. Then make sure you pass that distance marker by a couple of hundred feet at the end.
Good call - i need to remember to do that next time.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Finally did a proper FTP test after a 6 week Today's Plan threshold plan. After the first one I got a 10 watt increase, but now only 5 watt increase,
However I did accomplish my milestone: 300 watt for 20 minutes, so looking good for the time to come :okay:.
According to my calculations I will need another 4 watt to have a chance of qualifying in the Cambridge TT event. When spring comes I will be able to double my time on my bike to about 14 hours/week (that is just a normal week for Dave isn't it :tongue:), so it's looking obtainable right now.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Good result Lars.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Good result Lars.
For me yes, but for you, just another day at the office I guess ^_^
Must admit I'm a bit surprised (and jealous) to see the massive power you're able to put out these days.
The one thing I have going for me though, is that I seem to have no power reduction on the TT bike.
I have read that a lot of the pro's struggle to obtain the same watts on their TT bikes.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
For me yes, but for you, just another day at the office I guess ^_^
Must admit I'm a bit surprised (and jealous) to see the massive power you're able to put out these days.
The one thing I have going for me though, is that I seem to have no power reduction on the TT bike.
I have read that a lot of the pro's struggle to obtain the same watts on their TT bikes.

I'm tempted to buy a TT bike, just can't bring myself yet to part with the cash. I put in an offer for a used frame which I could have built up into a decent bike for £1k but they guy wouldn't shift on price. I'm going to try and build a bit more power, refit my TT bars to my trainer bike and see if I can hold my power in the TT position.

I've got a week in Canary island so priority, just keep fit and bit of endurance before trip.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I'm tempted to buy a TT bike, just can't bring myself yet to part with the cash. I put in an offer for a used frame which I could have built up into a decent bike for £1k but they guy wouldn't shift on price. I'm going to try and build a bit more power, refit my TT bars to my trainer bike and see if I can hold my power in the TT position.

I've got a week in Canary island so priority, just keep fit and bit of endurance before trip.
Oh, great climbs there, first time or???
Where are you staying?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh, great climbs there, first time or???
Where are you staying?

My second visit to Tenerife. Staying on the South side Los Cristianos. Great weather generally and the climbs glorious . im happy to pootle up being heavyweight, but I do enjoy the challenge.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Finally did a proper FTP test after a 6 week Today's Plan threshold plan. After the first one I got a 10 watt increase, but now only 5 watt increase,
However I did accomplish my milestone: 300 watt for 20 minutes, so looking good for the time to come :okay:.
According to my calculations I will need another 4 watt to have a chance of qualifying in the Cambridge TT event. When spring comes I will be able to double my time on my bike to about 14 hours/week (that is just a normal week for Dave isn't it :tongue:), so it's looking obtainable right now.

Nice:thumbsup:

You will get there and some more Lars.

Top Bottom