Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm planning on doing a 3 hours endurance tomorrow @ 8.05 https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=46102 Volcano flat course rank C cat. If anyone fancies spinning legs around zone 2

Not me. Primer today in preparation for Sufferfest 4dp ( their ftp style test) tomorrow.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Thought I would talk about me^_^ difficulties sleeping and then being woken
both as a result of lower leg pain since last saw physio. I thought linked to exercises I have been given to strengthen inner thigh muscles or ITB issues returning .Saw physio yesterday and after a series of exercises diagnosed Tendinitis in right leg .It is exacerbated by a toe down pedal stance. Literally over stretches the tendon and is a common reaction to ITB issues. So I will be working on improving my pedal technique and possibly lowering saddle a little. Slowly but surely I feel as if I am getting to bottom of my knee/leg issues.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Your leg issues are very sensitive to position, so fine micro adjustments will probably be needed. Rest (rice) and don't overdo riding or tendinitis can become chronic. you don't want to add that to your list of ailments:smile:

just kidding

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
do you ever try rollers ? good way of making sure you pedal circles instead of squares without to much pressure - just set mine up ready for tomorrow - want to try and learn to spin a bit more
Love my rollers, but they are the Tacx ones with the bearing flaw that chatter like crazy, just too noisy to use :sad: But could do some crazy insane workouts on them, and only managed to launch myself off them the once in a year

bobinski

Legendary Member
Your leg issues are very sensitive to position, so fine micro adjustments will probably be needed. Rest (rice) and don't overdo riding or tendinitis can become chronic. you don't want to add that to your list of ailments:smile:

just kidding

Why you!!

Andy, I have eased off the riding and I am following an exercise/yoga/Cold compress/ice pack routine. It’s all linked and is slowly being unraveled. It has taken 3 different physio’s for me to feel confident I am finally making headway.

Pyrenees?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I might be somewhere else whilst you're in Pyrenees. I will know in 10 days time

I strained a tendon/s in my arm from weight lifting, I was 18, I had to stop lifting weights for years, even now I have to work around the issue not to strain those tendons too much

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Im an honorary German:tongue: having completed their 75 mile endurance ride. It was supposed to be a pootle, but as usual I stuck with the front runners and they went off quite hard. I didn't feel great with the pace in the first hour and began to overheat(probably due to heating been on all day and night). The big fan cooled me soon as I powered it up. I decided to stick with it and after 2 hours I spotted the red marker 15 mins ahead, there was the incentive and carrot to keep on the pace. Our group slowly got less in number around 2 hours, but as we swept up the faster, slower riders, they upped their pace so the group grew from 8 to 20+. Red marker swept up with 15 mins to spare, and 300W for the final minute capped a tempo/threshold workout :biggrin:
maybe a short race this week and taper down for Tenerife

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well done Andy. Top effort

I was 23 min into my 4dp test hitting 326 w (4w/k plus) average on my 5 min effort when T’internet went down. I know now the ride would have saved but effect of youngest coming up ladder into loft asking if he could reset router and my doubt ride would save meant I lost enough impetus to prompt me to bail. 10w/k on the sprints already suggested a decent outcome if I didn’t fade. So, I have to do it again and finish this time!

FD4EA5E5-F945-48FF-9622-54B5EABC5307.png

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Im an honorary German:tongue: having completed their 75 mile endurance ride. It was supposed to be a pootle, but as usual I stuck with the front runners and they went off quite hard. I didn't feel great with the pace in the first hour and began to overheat(probably due to heating been on all day and night). The big fan cooled me soon as I powered it up. I decided to stick with it and after 2 hours I spotted the red marker 15 mins ahead, there was the incentive and carrot to keep on the pace. Our group slowly got less in number around 2 hours, but as we swept up the faster, slower riders, they upped their pace so the group grew from 8 to 20+. Red marker swept up with 15 mins to spare, and 300W for the final minute capped a tempo/threshold workout :biggrin:
maybe a short race this week and taper down for Tenerife
Excellent effort as always Andy :okay:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well done Andy. Top effort

I was 23 min into my 4dp test hitting 326 w (4w/k plus) average on my 5 min effort when T’internet went down. I know now the ride would have saved but effect of youngest coming up ladder into loft asking if he could reset router and my doubt ride would save meant I lost enough impetus to prompt me to bail. 10w/k on the sprints already suggested a decent outcome if I didn’t fade. So, I have to do it again and finish this time!

View attachment 398526
So from that then you need to work on endurance im guessing.
How long is the actual test

Top Bottom