Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru

mjd1988

Guru
Oh man well done. 76 riders in my pen and I have the lowest 20 mins power/weight ratio 😱 looks like a brutal course
Actually @bridgy and @Girafitti I'd be 3rd last in the next group as well so maybe I'd be destined to suffer regardless!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Race Libby hill after party. 5 flat laps then the finish. Quite tough, with many riders breaking away in small groups. I bridged across to one of the early breaks, but it was unsuccessful Eventually the Peleton settled down and those who got away stayed away. Welcome activity after spending a few extra days on my knees floor tiling

View: https://youtu.be/ffqBdbFDRcs?si=NiqZnWHWttgfq9_z

alex_cycles

Veteran
Oh man well done. 76 riders in my pen and I have the lowest 20 mins power/weight ratio 😱 looks like a brutal course

Ouch. The EMEA races are a lot busier. We only have 34 in our League and I think a few were "unavailable" mysteriously today. :laugh:
What could be better than a 6-minute climb? Well TWO 6-minute climbs obviously. How did you get on?
I've got Chasing Dwars (Three Little Sisters) tomorrow morning too. My CTL is climbing up though.

mjd1988

Guru
Ouch. The EMEA races are a lot busier. We only have 34 in our League and I think a few were "unavailable" mysteriously today. :laugh:
What could be better than a 6-minute climb? Well TWO 6-minute climbs obviously. How did you get on?
I've got Chasing Dwars (Three Little Sisters) tomorrow morning too. My CTL is climbing up though.
Not too bad. Insane pace throughout, the zwiftpower numbers for the race were insane, I'm 144 or something which is about as low as I have had it.

Screenshot_20240326-201155.png

I got dropped a bit on every climb but caught front group down descents then dropped properly on the last climb. Pleased with numbers, far from a pb on KOM but a decent effort given the pace of the race. Came 40/76 with a couple of points in the sprint, went too late for it but wouldn't have finished in top 5 regardless (maybe 7th fts unless a few people smashed it later).

Numbers wise below is what it took to come in the bottom half of the pack

PXL_20240326_200914597.jpg

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy @Girafitti looks like you guys did well?

Really enjoyed it - despite the suffering on the second ascent of the Petit KOM!

Bram did brilliantly and finished 5th on the road and 6th overall (with all points added up), and I came 19th.

I was happy to hold onto the front group on the first climb - then slightly disappointed that the group was so big! Decided not to try for FTS points in the sprint as it would be a waste of energy, but went for it on the aqueduct Kom and got 2nd FAL on that, and I think Bram was right behind me in 3rd.

Then just a matter of not getting dropped on the final climb which I managed until the last few hundred metres which was a shame - but still very happy with that.

Our team came 3rd out of 13

steverob

Guru
Well four people have picked numbers, so I've randomised a fifth and we now have some courses for the Tour de Splitters. However if any of these get voted down as ones people don't want, then we can always get someone else to pick an extra number and see where it goes.

Round 1 - I felt like doing what we did last time with two short races with a 10 minute gap between them and @Peter Salt and @mjd1988 came up trumps. #100 was Scotland's Loch Loop - one lap should be around 11-14 minutes (lower number for the stronger riders, higher for people like me), while #167 was Yorkshire's Duchy Estate - two laps plus lead-in should come in at 12-15 minutes.

Note that if Pete had chosen the other number (85) from his post, the plan wouldn't have changed much - that was a New York course where one lap once again would have been somewhere in the 12 minute range.

Round 2 - we'll go here with @13 rider's pick which was #55 - Makuri's Kappa Quest Reverse. One lap plus lead-in I estimate will be between 32 and 38 minutes, but note that about 70% of this course is on dirt and you have to climb the reverse Temple climb TWICE; once in the lead-in, once on the lap itself (and it finishes at the top).

Round 3 - this was my random number of #12 and it gave us an old favourite - Innsbruckring. Given my preference for not going too much over half an hour, two laps is a wee bit short, three might be a tad too long, so I might end up doing a custom finish line, maybe at the top of the Snapper on lap 3?

Round 4 - this'll be the Queen Stage I hinted at previously. Sorry @CXRAndy, but your pick of #5 was a doozy - La Reine! Yes that's right, up Ventoux, via the Petit KOM. Of course I'm not going to make you do the whole thing, but I have a thought that we could set a custom finish line at the hairpin (the point where it becomes steep), which will see the best riders do it in about 20 minutes, with the C's and D's still hopefully coming in under 30.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Well four people have picked numbers, so I've randomised a fifth and we now have some courses for the Tour de Splitters. However if any of these get voted down as ones people don't want, then we can always get someone else to pick an extra number and see where it goes.

Round 1 - I felt like doing what we did last time with two short races with a 10 minute gap between them and @Peter Salt and @mjd1988 came up trumps. #100 was Scotland's Loch Loop - one lap should be around 11-14 minutes (lower number for the stronger riders, higher for people like me), while #167 was Yorkshire's Duchy Estate - two laps plus lead-in should come in at 12-15 minutes.

Note that if Pete had chosen the other number (85) from his post, the plan wouldn't have changed much - that was a New York course where one lap once again would have been somewhere in the 12 minute range.

Round 2 - we'll go here with @13 rider's pick which was #55 - Makuri's Kappa Quest Reverse. One lap plus lead-in I estimate will be between 32 and 38 minutes, but note that about 70% of this course is on dirt and you have to climb the reverse Temple climb TWICE; once in the lead-in, once on the lap itself (and it finishes at the top).

Round 3 - this was my random number of #12 and it gave us an old favourite - Innsbruckring. Given my preference for not going too much over half an hour, two laps is a wee bit short, three might be a tad too long, so I might end up doing a custom finish line, maybe at the top of the Snapper on lap 3?

Round 4 - this'll be the Queen Stage I hinted at previously. Sorry @CXRAndy, but your pick of #5 was a doozy - La Reine! Yes that's right, up Ventoux, via the Petit KOM. Of course I'm not going to make you do the whole thing, but I have a thought that we could set a custom finish line at the hairpin (the point where it becomes steep), which will see the best riders do it in about 20 minutes, with the C's and D's still hopefully coming in under 30.

Thoughts?
I'm in.

steverob

Guru
First three races have now been published. You can sign up for them by either using Zwift Companion if you are a member of the not-very-well-used CC Splitters Club (which anyone on here is welcome to join), or by clicking on the links below:

Race 1a - 18:00 2nd April: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/4311538
Race 1b - 18:25 2nd April: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/4311544
Race 2 - 18:00 9th April: https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/4311547

I'll get round to doing the other two at some point soon. Annoyingly, I've just found out that I might not be able to take part in Round 1 because it looks like I'll be needed in the office next Tuesday (instead of working from home).

Also to note that I didn't find a way to make separate categories or pens work, so it'll be everyone in the same pen and try to hang on to the fast guys out the start I'm afraid.

steverob

Guru
Top Bottom