Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Pete, is that near west Sheffield? I noticed its just a little way from Loxley (outskirt Sheffield), sister in law lives there.

Me and the Mrs Saturday made our first cycled restaurant outing 24miles round trip. Cold, windy on the way out, there was a downpour and remnants of the rain as we left the restaurant. Got slightly wet which made me feel particularly cold in the strong but thankfully tailwind.
That's the one, Andy. Beautiful routes and views. Well worth visiting if you get a chance.

That’s 2 numbers!!!
But only one at the end! :laugh:

The one I didn't put at the end was 85 :whistle:

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
So the results are in and it looks (unsurprisingly) that the most popular time is Tuesday at around 18:00. Probably too late to get anything arranged for this Tuesday, but will look to do something from next week onwards.

Picking courses randomly worked really well last time (there's a guarantee that it won't this time!) so I'm going to try and do the same again this time. The next six people to post on here, add in a number between 1 and 168 at the end of your post and we'll see what we end up with - if we end up with some that are very similar to each other, then I might pick one that's different, but hopefully not.

Ah that's a shame as it clashes with DRS for me and Bram. Well, unless I use the 6pm Splitters race as a warm up for the 7.30pm DRS race, but I don't think that would be a great idea!

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I just saw a video of how that bloke took the Col de Rates KOM not long ago. Basically involved 10-12 riders giving him full draft and pulling all the way up. Anyone else thinks that's a load of BS?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Nah - I think it is cool. Now if they drafted a car that would be different

In a way I’d agree Pete but when I think about it the majority of KOMs near me are taken by group rides / races that happen to have gone through at some point or anther. Theres no way someone going solo would realistically compete with those times. I’d be interested to know if the previous Rates KOM holder (an Ineos rider IIRC) was set solo, or in a similar TTT effort or even possibly moto pacing? 044

mjd1988

Guru
Did you manage to get a team @mjd1988 ? I've just been messaged by a team captain of an Emerald team if you want me to direct you in his direction?

Thanks Paul, I got one last minute.
I see @alex_cycles and @Del C potentially raced yesterday.

I'm not a discord fan but it is cool to see some of the functionality of it being used, and the DIRT website has definitely improved since I last used it so looking forward to it

alex_cycles

Veteran
Top Bottom