Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm semi retiring next month. Taking a year off, then may next year look at working 6 months a year to pay for trips like this.

Your wife could go too, and cheer you on from the top 🥳
She's not my Wife yet , her official title being fiancee. If she was there she would just roll her eyes and call me a silly old fool. She does not want to go at all, just in case the Chinese invade. So I think its a no show for me.

mjd1988

Guru
Well done Peter. Relegation for us in wtrl then 😂

8jxkoq.jpg

Edit; I hope you recognise this meme or else you might take offence!

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Thanks Everyone. It's not that I'm not happy - it's cool to see progress. I was just hovering around that top B threshold for so long that it doesn't really feel like a big jump - probably a few one hundreds of W/kg that made the difference in the end.

Doing 4.2 for almost 50 minutes on the Alpe felt a lot harder than doing 5.2 for 5 minutes. And yet, it was the latter that pushed me into A. Go figure.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Friday smash tomorrow is at 0945 on Fan Flats. https://www.zwiftracing.app/zr-events/65f42b7d2aaea700152ee69e

I can't make it this week as I have Chasing Saxo. Those of you that can, have a good one ^_^

“Fancy getting married in Taiwan?” is the question to ask her, right?
All her relations want to come as no one in either of are families has married in the last 8 years( they are fed up with meeting at funerals, been to 3 of her families in the last year) so it will be in Essex, we just dont know when as we can't be bothered to organise it yet .
Tonight more badge hunting, 2 climb portals to get the legs of steel badge. Just got the Masochoist badge, 100 miles and 6 routes and I have got all I am going to get. ( 60 minutes Alpe du Zwift, 1100,1200 1300 watts are beyond me) .
Then did a 2.6 w/kg group ride, my left knee started to complain after 20 minutes so early bath. Now got a week off visiting my aged mother( 93) and siblings in Cornwall so will have to lose weight all over again on my return.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Friday Smash

Big thanks to Carl and Phil for playing huge part in my win, couldn't have done it without you. :notworthy:

Phil set a strong pace early on with the rest of us drafting along, then the softening up with Carl's first burst, I followed, towing Dave along, then Phil went for his sprint flying past all of us, I went again, but this time spotted Dave's sprint ended short. Carl went again, so I went over the top of Dave who couldn't catch Carl, which saw the crack in his effort and I was able to get a few metres ahead. Carl dropped in behind Dave so I continued with my effort to get away.

Three seconds lead, when Carl jumped across to me. We then TT'd away, gradually growing our lead. Phil's job done:okay:
Carl pretty much towing me to the finish line :okay:

Great CCC team effort :cheers:

Clip starts just as the softening up begins

View: https://youtu.be/bv0ffOVWZmg?t=288

Top Bottom