Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Targeted the box hill climb this evening, took about 2 minutes off my time between the white markers on the road, of course this doesn't correspond to the Strava segment so as I relaxed once I cross the marker at the top I didn't realise the Strava segment ended as the top of the little ramp a bit further along. If I'd have known I would have beaten Bob's time but as it is I am 1 second behind him. Next time, there is always next time.

For the actual climb I was over 4w/kg

berty bassett

Legendary Member
But i was dry :tongue: was getting a bit nippy though as the sun was going down.
i can assure you 50mile down the road we had slipped into autumn for a hour :cold:

uclown2002

Guru
Targeted the box hill climb this evening, took about 2 minutes off my time between the white markers on the road, of course this doesn't correspond to the Strava segment so as I relaxed once I cross the marker at the top I didn't realise the Strava segment ended as the top of the little ramp a bit further along. If I'd have known I would have beaten Bob's time but as it is I am 1 second behind him. Next time, there is always next time.

You need to scroll down to bottom of segment list and press 'show xxx hidden efforts' then unhide Box Hill KOM (ZwiftBlog verified)
Look out for all the zwiftblog verified segments because they exactly match.

See here https://www.strava.com/segments/12744502?filter=overall

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member

Your 7 seconds quicker than bob^_^ on the official segment

JLaw

Veteran
Didn't have the opportunity to plan for KISS C today, but for me, a good plan is always ride around FTP drafting as much as possible, then hit the hill with whatever effort I can sustain, which is usually considerably below my estimated FTP. So I stuck with the default.

Hung with the lead group to the base of the hill and while they dropped me, I felt surprisingly strong on the hill (crushed my PR by nearly a full minute). Cruised down the other side and found myself with just one other racer nearby. We drafted back and forth a bit, then shortly before heading into the train station he seemed to let off the gas, so I pushed as hard as I could for about 20 seconds and got a nice gap. He nearly closed the gap climbing out of the station, but I guess he was near his limit as I was able to pull away again. Didn't think I had a chance to catch the rider in front, but did and was nearly at a full speed when I caught him about 500M from the finish and I was able to hold him off. Shaved about 90 seconds off my London Loop best. FTP bump as well.

Only downside? .02 w/kg over, so I DQ'd out of C and thus I didn't bag the win. The gent I was drafting with and dropped just before entering the train station picked up the win.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Did 40 miles with plesent roads not that much traffic, but I've decided to go to the doctors and see some one about my back 20 miles in and i was in agony so I eased off, got up right for about 20 minutes and it got better near home it felt fine so upped the power then within 10 minutes it came back.

It's not the bike, I've never been right since it went back in February im getting back ache all the time BUT im fine on the turbo so im thinking trapped nerve and the jarring of the roads is pressing on it.

To be honest it's getting me down i dear not ride outside in case something happens :sad:

That's not good.
Same bike on the turbo? I have giant defy on turbo and kinesis pro 6 for commute and I am beat up on latter and back sore even after 10miles. Hate it.
What's sise tyres and pressure? Might it help with wider tyres and lower pressure? I have 28 or is it 32 pro one scwalbe at no More than 90 psi.
Anyway, get your self seen by gp or physio and find out of skeletal or muscular problem and if stretching etc will help.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Its not the same bike, the tires on the bike i was out on are 25mm with about 100psi, might take out the turbo bike out just to see but ive got a feeling it wont help.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good luck.
I got a nicer ride on 25,s at 90psi but faster times and an even nicer ride on 28,s at 80-90 psi on Hunt 4 season disc wheels with the defy. 32's on kinesis, Vitoria voyagers cannot stop me feeling beat up after a ride.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You mean I have to go up Box Hill to beat your time kips, over the top and down and do a reverse and race up Fox hill to beat Andy too?:crazy: . And you both younger than me too...

Cracking time. Looks like your miles on holiday have done you good:okay:

Only by a little bit. :tongue:

Neo becoming fairly priced now, which is good because more people will get one

Last edited:
Top Bottom