Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Rob on the left is speed, cadence watts and HR. The gradient indication is different to Bkool, but not so difficult to get the hang of. The percentage number shows what you're currently on and the graphic gives you what type of terrain, eg, flat or hills. You can see from the line whether the next section is going to increase or decrease in gradient. Well you can from a big screen like I use 32" TV

bridgy

Legendary Member
did a ride tonight free trial is up now still unsure what exactly going on still plenty to read up on 1 thing that I find poor is the ability to see whats ahead % wise on climbs and the general in ride mapping
can qanyone tell me whats the little grey box with number in under the speed is for
Rob, I thought the same about the lack of advance notice for gradient changes having been used to Bkool. But I have realised that because the gradient changes are all much more gradual than is often the case in bkool, there's not the same need for the advance notice for the upcoming gradient. And the profile does give you a general idea of what's coming up

JLaw

Veteran
How was the handicap worked out Jeff?
For that particular race it was based on category. It was a staggered start and each category had a different number of laps to complete before climbing up the mountain.

I really didn't like the format much though -- we were dumped out of the race module as we turned for the mountain and it was impossible from there on to know where you stood within the group or within the race as a whole.

There are other handicap races, but I haven't tried one yet.

JLaw

Veteran
Rob, I thought the same about the lack of advance notice for gradient changes having been used to Bkool. But I have realised that because the gradient changes are all much more gradual than is often the case in bkool, there's not the same need for the advance notice for the upcoming gradient. And the profile does give you a general idea of what's coming up
Exactly. It's not the hard change you see in bkool, so knowing the exact gradient isn't terribly important. You'll feel the slope gradually changing and you shift when it feels right. Much more like on the road.

BVR also doesn't give you an exact upcoming gradient. You get a smooth transition, so you just change gears naturally.

There is a bar graph on the bottom of the screen to give you a visual indication of slope using colors Green to Red as you increase the slope. Presumably blues or somesuch when going downhill.

darrensmith0410

I really didn't like the format much though -- we were dumped out of the race module as we turned for the mountain and it was impossible from there on to know where you stood within the group or within the race as a whole.

Does this happen often? I did the same race last week. Ended up winning as no one else seemed to make the turn with me.
www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=5352 - And yes that is my correct weight :training:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Another abandoned TR. This time 3/4 way through. I have set my FTP a few watts too high to finish this workout, not to worry I will use this as bench mark to eventually conquer. :laugh:

So onto Zwift Pretzel. I fluffed the Pretzel Sprint thinking I had gone too early then thinking back off and go again. :angry: So Bob your record stands ^_^ looking at the stats 450 W should just about do it, 500W will. So I had a go at the downhill, not flat out but quite near, better result :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Another abandoned TR. This time 3/4 way through. I have set my FTP a few watts too high to finish this workout, not to worry I will use this as bench mark to eventually conquer. :laugh:

So onto Zwift Pretzel. I fluffed the Pretzel Sprint thinking I had gone too early then thinking back off and go again. :angry: So Bob your record stands ^_^ looking at the stats 450 W should just about do it, 500W will. So I had a go at the downhill, not flat out but quite near, better result :smile:

Andy, it reflects well on you that you can have 2 setbacks in one day and still feel optimistic about your chances on the sprint :tongue:

JLaw

Veteran
Does this happen often? I did the same race last week. Ended up winning as no one else seemed to make the turn with me.
www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=5352 - And yes that is my correct weight :training:
Dropping out of the race module is inherent in that particular race and for that reason I probably won't do that race anymore.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Is there ever a Cyclechat group ride on Zwift?

No, not yet, Zwift is supposed to be introducing closed groups in the future. There are many group/race rides where you can join in. Check Zwift power website for events, virtually every hour.

Most of us ride early evenings either race or free ride. Outdoor weather now allows decent rides so less will be on Zwift.

Erudin

Veteran

Nine finished, you came second overall (well done!), the results are posted on the Zwift Handicap Race Facebook page. It is a handicap race which includes all categories, the higher ones do more laps before turning off for the mountain climb to give the lower cats a chance to beat them up the mountain.

Attachments

• Goat.jpg
    Goat.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Top Bottom