Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I went out too yesterday after my initial reluctance. So glad I did. Call to 'fame' on the ride, getting the 88th best time up a a climb out of 523 riders. Also smashed my mate by 3 minutes over 0.4m! That 0.1mph average is annoying though...

View attachment 410150

Very pleased with that, pushing me up to 450m for the year. Way behind you guys! Comparing it to my last outdoor ride 6 weeks ago there's a big increase in fitness:
View attachment 410153

I like how I'm no longer the one getting overtaken on rides, it's me seeing riders inn the distance and mopping them up bar the odd few. Thank you Zwift.

Don’t forget when you pass people to give them the cheerful “good morning!”

Too Tyred

Oh I give everyone a cheery good morning! Saw loads out on the roads yesterday I never shut up haha!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
when required, it allows me to haul my lardy arse upto 30+% gradientswhilst being still to spin. In reality, I only need it for those super steep sections.
I get by with a 32t on the rear and rarely use 36,40 . Bailouts, but nice to know you have them
I have my own bail out technique too ..... Slightly more painful though :banghead:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I have my own bail out technique too ..... Slightly more painful though :banghead:

I’m sure slow ‘offs’ can often be the most bruising, and not just to the ego! Don’t get me wrong going fast can mean loss of lots of skin and that’s no fun at all. I came off once doing around 25-30mph and the loss of skin on my forearm was more painful than the broken wrist. But give me a crash at say 12 mph over one at 2 mph any day of the week! It’s better to bounce a little than come down with a giant thud! Not that it’s the greatest of choices to be given in life.

I’m sure slow ‘offs’ can often be the most bruising, and not just to the ego! Don’t get me wrong going fast can mean loss of lots of skin and that’s no fun at all. I came off once doing around 25-30mph and the loss of skin on my forearm was more painful than the broken wrist. But give me a crash at say 12 mph over one at 2 mph any day of the week! It’s better to bounce a little than come down with a giant thud! Not that it’s the greatest of choices to be given in life.
I do the "not un-clipped in time" fall over at least a couple of times a year. I've changed to crank brother for a little more float and you can change the release angle from 20 to 15 degrees.

Too Tyred

i put the new granny gear on today ! - no not the wig and frock but the new chain ring
now have the option to run 33/29
feels like the bloody chain has fell off :tongue: legs go like bees wings - at least its there if its called for !

Pretty sure that's not even close to what Froome had up Zoncolan the other day? No spoilers please I'm still behind real-time, I only heard what gearing he was supposed to be using.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Pretty sure that's not even close to what Froome had up Zoncolan the other day? No spoilers please I'm still behind real-time, I only heard what gearing he was supposed to be using.
He was on 34/32 which is what I grind up hills, and he was spinning like a washing machine :tongue: Enjoy that race, and also yesterday - another very exciting hill top finish :okay:

Top Bottom