Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OI! Spoilers!!
There was no spoiler there .... I never mentioned how Viviana won the sprint finish at the top of the Zoncolan, beating Sam Bennett on the line :whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member
That equation would depend on the length of stops people took if the recording was official as opposed to strava.
Looking at last year's official results, looks like a lot of people didn't stop at all. For a 3.5 hour (ish) ride, if you're drafting away nicely in a good group, I guess that makes sense

bobinski

Legendary Member
Oooo are we all getting nervous :whistle:

Bring it on! :biggrin:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m not the nervous type :gun:

(most of the time...:whistle:)

The time will take care of itself so I wouldn’t pay it much mind. 20mph+ is well doable.

My advice would be simple. Save a bit for the last 20 miles. Don’t take a wheel you don’t trust. Think about how the things you do effect the wheels behind you. The rest takes care of itself :smile:.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I’m not the nervous type :gun:

(most of the time...:whistle:)

The time will take care of itself so I wouldn’t pay it much mind. 20mph+ is well doable.

My advice would be simple. Save a bit for the last 20 miles. Don’t take a wheel you don’t trust. Think about how the things you do effect the wheels behind you. The rest takes care of itself :smile:.

An old head on young shoulders :okay:

Well, one working one.^_^

I admit I am a bit worried about posing a risk to anyone holding my wheel. I will try my best to be careful and considerate.

Watching a good GCN vid on fuelling for rides. 3 hr ride = 200g carb no less than 3h before the ride. No dates or very yellow bananas because too fibrous with Dumoulin consequences. Bananas should be almost brown, fibre will have turned to sugar.

Last edited:

kipster

Guru

I admit I am a bit worried about posing a risk to anyone holding my wheel. I will try my best to be careful and considerate.

Watching a good GCN vid on fuelling for rides. 3 hr ride = 200g carb no less than 3h before the ride. No dates or very yellow bananas because too fibrous with Dumoulin consequences. Bananas should be almost brown, fibre will have turned to sugar.

Nutrition is very personal, I get by on fruit and youghurt for brekky, a couple of bananas and a few apricots on the ride. I probably take 2 gels a year, I took one in Majorca and am keeping the other for the DD. I do like the veloforte bars, but now make my own. I do have beetroot squash with my brekky. I keep things low carb all the time.

<Tommy>

I think you’ll be fine Bob. I felt fine sitting in your wheel around Richmond. Admittedly it was only for a very brief time though ^_^.

Now, about getting matching bibs for our jerseys...

D2AB9FF7-2FA6-4405-93BA-ECC769E6FC61.png

You can all thank me later :okay:

<Tommy>

Nutrition is very personal, I get by on fruit and youghurt for brekky, a couple of bananas and a few apricots on the ride. I probably take 2 gels a year, I took one in Majorca and am keeping the other for the DD. I do like the veloforte bars, but now make my own. I do have beetroot squash with my brekky. I keep things low carb all the time.

Why do you keep things low carb kip. Carbs just don’t sit well with you?

Top Bottom