Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Zwiftpower announced that they started work to get back online.

JLaw

Veteran
Zwift Academy for 2018 has been announced. Basic format looks the same -- group rides, workouts and race requirements. I had good success last year when I added this to my race schedule and sweet spot work.

Sign up early. I was initially denied last year -- I waited and they closed signups due to over-subscription. While they did re-open signups later, why risk it.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Zwift Academy for 2018 has been announced. Basic format looks the same -- group rides, workouts and race requirements. I had good success last year when I added this to my race schedule and sweet spot work.

Sign up early. I was initially denied last year -- I waited and they closed signups due to over-subscription. While they did re-open signups later, why risk it.
Thanks :smile: I kind of enjoyed the Academy last year, so will be doing that again.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Saw this too, hoping to join.

Whorty

May have to do a race today then :smile:
Me too .... although i'm less than 2000 metres away from the tron bike so ... decisions decisions ... do I do a ride from my training plan (up the Alpe to gain ascent) or do a race to celebrate Zwiftpower coming back on line? Who am I kidding ... race it is :tongue: Aiming for the 17:05 WBR 9km/5.6m flat race in Richmond :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Me too .... although i'm less than 2000 metres away from the tron bike so ... decisions decisions ... do I do a ride from my training plan (up the Alpe to gain ascent) or do a race to celebrate Zwiftpower coming back on line? Who am I kidding ... race it is :tongue: Aiming for the 17:05 WBR 9km/5.6m flat race in Richmond :okay:

Blimey, how long does that race last? 12 minutes?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Whorty get ya climbing shoes on. Early training for next years meet ups ^_^

Breedon

Legendary Member
That's only 6500 feet you could get that by Saturday

Norry1

Legendary Member

Well that was fun :smile: :smile:

I've missed Zwift Racing

Whorty

Well that was fun :smile: :smile:

I've missed Zwift Racing
Superb fun. Mistimed my sprint somewhat and just couldn't hold you off. Legs were hurting so I went early hoping I'd get a jump on everyone. I needed Robinson (?) to have come past me so I could grab some draft but he just sat on my wheel :cry:

Zwiftpower suggests I move down to cat C, which is probably right given I would have come 4th in C tonight (I came 3rd in B but only 3 of us really raced so doesn't mean much). I race B as this is where the Bkool Pro put me, but on the Kickr I'm a top end C (or a very bottom end B). I prefer to race B though as it makes me work harder to try and stay with other B's.

Averaged 285 watts tonight over the 14 minutes which I'm pleased with, at a w/kg of 3.4.

Top Bottom