Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive got a few steps and checks to do before I blame the '18 Kickr. Lots of signals, I need to remove from the surrounding area first, I can even compare it my Stages PM if I cant fathom the problem.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I just pulled the Zwift log and used https://zwiftalizer.com/ to analyze my ride data for Ant+ plus other data fields

It looks like im getting some cyclic Ant+ dropout from with the Kickr. Ive put together my Ant+ log and Strava ride to show there is some correlation between low signal points and dropout of power.

Zwift log overlay.png

Just need to find the issue or interference now. The full ride shows some cyclic dropout every 3 mins or so?

Attachments

• Zwift log full ride overlay.png
    Zwift log full ride overlay.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
I'm assuming the times on the result page are the time for the 3 laps plus the handicap?

That seems to make my time roughly correct.

Really enjoyed the race and working with the group I was in. The only thing that could improve it is if I could see where the other groups are, but I guess with over 250 riders that could be tricky. The only time I was aware of a chase group was when a pack of GCN riders overtook us on the run-in to the hill on the final lap.
I was not really looking at the time, but the position. Shouldn't the position shown in Zwift be the position in Zwiftpower? In this type of handicap race isn't the first man over the line #1?
Strava has me riding 4 km longer than the race length.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Btw, I got the Companion app working and was hoping to be able to spot teammates on the map but no such luck.
It seems rather useless if you have a keyboard. Am I missing something?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I was not really looking at the time, but the position. Shouldn't the position shown in Zwift be the position in Zwiftpower? In this type of handicap race isn't the first man over the line #1?
Strava has me riding 4 km longer than the race length.

Not everyone is on ZP, hence some riders will be missing in the ZP ranking, and the ZP time takes into account the handicap time as well. I finished 92 (of 432 finishing riders) overall in Zwift, but 64 on ZP, due to missing and filtered riders.

The Strava ride includes whatever you ride after the race. As you can see, my Strava profile says about 42km, as I rode one more round (and then some) in reverse after the race.

Last edited:

rob01792

Über Member
reading this it seams most of u don't get or very little lag
I get about 3 second so when I power on for a climb I takes about 3 sec resulting in me dropping back the pack then on the top when I ease off takes about 3 sec again resulting in me shooting forward in the pack this is with the neo always been like this I just thought that was the way the neo reacts

LBHIFI

Veteran
Not everyone is on ZP, hence some riders will be missing in the ZP ranking, and the ZP time takes into account the handicap time as well.

Scenario #1
Let's say there's a A rider and a B rider. B rider goes first, and when A rider starts 5 min later his position shows "2" and B rider is X km ahead. When A rider catches B rider his position shifts to "1" and he wins the race if he stays ahead of B.

Scenario #2
B rider rides the 3 laps in X minutes. A rider starts with a 5 min delay and finishes in Y minutes. A race time is Y+ 5 min, B race time is X min.
A rider wins the race if (Y+5) min < X min.

These two Scenario should produce the same result, but they don't?

I finished 92 (of 432 finishing riders) overall in Zwift, but 64 on ZP
I never saw the results list in Zwift, but my postion showed somewhere between 77 and 80 when I finished.
In ZP I'm 144.

The Strava ride includes whatever you ride after the race. As you can see, my Strava profile says about 40km, as I rode one more round (and then some) in reverse after the race.
Oh no, I hope Zwift is no turning all BKool on this now. The norm so far in Zwift has been to create a Strava session containing the race and another one for the riding done after the race.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Oh no, I hope Zwift is no turning all BKool on this now. The norm so far in Zwift has been to create a Strava session containing the race and another one for the riding done after the race.
If you quit the race straight away then Strava should pretty much match Zwift race (Strava may have a few more seconds at the end where you was saving the ride). If you continue to ride in Zwift after the race Strava sees this as a single ride (race plus post race riding) - it's always worked this way for me. I often spin out for a few minutes after a race so Strava will always shows slightly lower average watts for me for that ride compared to Zwiftpower as my spin down will be at recovery pace. If I want to see my ave power during a race I use ZP.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Scenario #1
Let's say there's a A rider and a B rider. B rider goes first, and when A rider starts 5 min later his position shows "2" and B rider is X km ahead. When A rider catches B rider his position shifts to "1" and he wins the race if he stays ahead of B.

Scenario #2
B rider rides the 3 laps in X minutes. A rider starts with a 5 min delay and finishes in Y minutes. A race time is Y+ 5 min, B race time is X min.
A rider wins the race if (Y+5) min < X min.

These two Scenario should produce the same result, but they don't?

I never saw the results list in Zwift, but my postion showed somewhere between 77 and 80 when I finished.
In ZP I'm 144.

Your scenarios are correct for how the positions should show on Zwiftpower if this is how the race organisers have set it up. I don't think Zwift itself in-game would reflect this at all though, as it will just show your position over the line and not take into account the handicap time (I think). So the position you saw on Zwift probably just didn't take account of riders who finished behind you on the road but ahead of you when their time + handicap was taken into account. You have to remember ZP is completely separate to Zwift itself.

The distance/time ridden on zwift races that shows on strava has always included any time riding around after the race - only way to avoid this is save and exit as soon as you finish the race and log back in for a separate warm down ride

Edit: and as Brusgaard mentioned, not everyone is registered with Zwiftpower so even in a completely standard race your finishing position that shows up on zwift at the end of a race rarely matches the zwiftpower results

JuhaL

Guru
There is one thing what i would like to have in Zwift. If i select a course and like to ride that with my best performance only to finish line and save ride in there. Next ride and course would be nice to start without exit from Zwift at first. Why in a menu is no start new ride/course at all?. So far i have need to exit from Zwift and start it again if i like to ride something different like cool down etc.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
In ZP I'm 144.

Remember that the ranking first shown in Zwift is for your selected CAT, so you probably finished 77-80 in CAT B.

I finished 36th in CAT B and as said 92 overall (Select ALL at the top, when the ranking is shown) at a race time of 35-37 min. But with the handicap added the time on ZP is 47:08.
I kept the ranking on screen for quite some time, and could see the last rider finish at position 432.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Remember that the ranking first shown in Zwift is for your selected CAT, so you probably finished 77-80 in CAT B.

I finished 36th in CAT B and 92 overall (Select ALL at the top, when the ranking is shown) at a race time of 35-37 min. But with the handicap added the time on ZP is 47:08.
Here's a question then, as I didn't get to join in last night. Your moving time was 35 mins, the ZP race time was 47 mins ... so what happened during that lost 12 mins? Was you sitting on the line spinning? What does Strava show? Does it recognise your 12 mins of spinning and also put a power and distance to it? Maybe this is why @LBHIFI is seeing the extra 4km in Strava .... ? maybe this is unique to this handicap style of race?

Top Bottom