Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It’s a known issue with Strava. While it can record warm up time separately before you enter an event it cannot distinguish a post event warm down, unless you quit the event So you have to quit the event.
For me the only results that matter are on ZP- at least there’s a degree of filtering to remove sandbaggers etc.

si_c

Guru
Here's a question then, as I didn't get to join in last night. Your moving time was 35 mins, the ZP race time was 47 mins ... so what happened during that lost 12 mins? Was you sitting on the line spinning? What does Strava show? Does it recognise your 12 mins of spinning and also put a power and distance to it? Maybe this is why @LBHIFI is seeing the extra 4km in Strava .... ? maybe this is unique to this handicap style of race?
It was a handicap race, so in my case the B group started rolling 10 minutes after the D group.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Here's a question then, as I didn't get to join in last night. Your moving time was 35 mins, the ZP race time was 47 mins ... so what happened during that lost 12 mins? Was you sitting on the line spinning? What does Strava show? Does it recognise your 12 mins of spinning and also put a power and distance to it? Maybe this is why @LBHIFI is seeing the extra 4km in Strava .... ? maybe this is unique to this handicap style of race?

The B CAT started at 7:10 PM, and now I remember my exact finishing time was 37:08, so it all adds up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
After fetching my new Kickr back from the garden last night :cursing: I calmed down and made some setup changes, to wifi channels, dongle position and Zwift settings.

What can I say, its like my old Kickr now, so responsive even more so, and the climb responds instantly making it a very nice addition to my setup. ^_^

I had a little go around Innsbruck course, set a marker on the Kleiner Hugel(small). Still out of peak condition but 1.09 will do, seen as I died 20 secs from the top.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Remember that the ranking first shown in Zwift is for your selected CAT, so you probably finished 77-80 in CAT B.
I thought about that but ruled that out, since I could se my position change as we passed groups of C riders. That left me with the impression that the position was overall.

LBHIFI

Veteran
The distance/time ridden on zwift races that shows on strava has always included any time riding around after the race - only way to avoid this is save and exit as soon as you finish the race and log back in for a separate warm down ride
I could have sworn I use to get strava session for warm-up, race and cooldown, but that is good news for me if that is true. That makes my avg. power a little better if it includes a 4 min. cooldown.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
After fetching my new Kickr back from the garden last night :cursing: I calmed down and made some setup changes, to wifi channels, dongle position and Zwift settings.

What can I say, its like my old Kickr now, so responsive even more so, and the climb responds instantly making it a very nice addition to my setup. ^_^

I had a little go around Innsbruck course, set a marker on the Kleiner Hugel(small). Still out of peak condition but 1.09 will do, seen as I died 20 secs from the top.
1.09 ..... could do better :whistle::popcorn:

LBHIFI

Veteran
It’s a known issue with Strava. While it can record warm up time separately before you enter an event it cannot distinguish a post event warm down, unless you quit the event So you have to quit the event.
For me the only results that matter are on ZP- at least there’s a degree of filtering to remove sandbaggers etc.
ZP is excellent. I'm just a bit confused about Zwift. Is the position overall?, Is it per category? I probably just need to get some more Zwift race experience.
Anyway, it was good to be able to finish a race now, but still some distance to go before reaching my pre-cold fitness.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
1.09 ..... could do better :whistle::popcorn:

Probably right Carl, :tongue: just get into sub 1 minute, with a pack, I did it solo. It's just 15 secs too long. I'm in the top 3% for 200lb + riders. I began to die with about 15-20 sec from the top, not surprising really, seen as I have done very little HIT

bobinski

Legendary Member
409E907A-BAA6-45AF-BB4C-33B6C27F861E.png Lars,

I stopped riding after finish and took a few photos before exiting. Strava shows above.

More importantly for me ego, for my age group I am 20th fastest all time for one lap and 15th for 2 laps^_^

Out of curiosity Andy. What dongle position. I had a long extender cable which I put right next to the trainer. But I seem to remember seeing someone the long cable itself could cause troubles??

bridgy

Legendary Member
Paul, amazing effort- 11th overall all time for one lap :notworthy:
Along with about 30 others dragging me along!

Unfortunately I can't take full credit for that - as well as benefiting from the draft of a very fast group, I had a bit of Bkool assistance on the first lap which I didn't notice straight away - I think because it was so manically fast anyway! If you look at my ride on Strava you'll see two drops in power between the 4 and 6 mile mark - this is me stopping to turn the power off and on again to try and fix it - it didn't work the first time, but did the second. So I had 3/4 of that first lap with too little resistance. Up to the point I fixed it I averaged 395w, after that it was 334w (very similar heart rate).

Funnily enough that meant that although I was able to stay with the very front group for the first lap, I was dropped next time we hit the climb! - people were doing like 10w/kg up there! I was then soon caught by the second group which included Oscar Pujol, and then I was distanced again by him and several others a bit on the final climb and sprint to the line.

As discussed at length before I think the Bkool is a little generous on watts overall even when working "properly", so when I finally get the Kickr I expect to come down to earth with a bit of a bump! I won't be surprised if I end up in Cat B as I'm only just at or slightly above 4w/kg in most races. My w/kg was a bit higher in this race even when the trainer resistance was fixed, because it was quite a short race, and also the extra determination to stay with faster riders - no backing off and relaxing a bit in the draft this time!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Out of curiosity Andy. What dongle position. I had a long extender cable which I put right next to the trainer. But I seem to remember seeing someone the long cable itself could cause troubles??

Initially between the two board near the turbo,(less than 1 ft away) Now though directly under Kickr less than 2" above the board.

Top Bottom