Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Whorty won't be allowed back on Zwift now, self declaration steroid user:tongue:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Looking to do
6:30PM BST XRS - ZTR Tuesday Night Worlds 23.8-33.9 mi / 38.3-54.5 km

tonight. Will be in (C) if anyone is about

bobinski

Legendary Member
I rode Ventoux last July and loved it. Kin ard though :smile:

Any tips? Ftp of 238ish, 74 kilos, 34 on front and 28 on back. Fine on joux pane and climbs out of bourg st Maurice to roseland, Col d'Iseran, petit St. Bernard. Ventoux has that mystique though that suggests it will be harder than any of those...

Norry1

Legendary Member
Similar to me.

You'll be fine if you've done all the others you mention. It just seemed steep after the first few fairly easy kilometres, and relentless. Just find your pace and crack on :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Similar to me.

You'll be fine if you've done all the others you mention. It just seemed steep after the first few fairly easy kilometres, and relentless. Just find your pace and crack on :smile:

Cool. Anxious coz my ftp was 270ish then. And I am older. And heavier...feck!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sticking with the 28 boys. Having ridden some long climbs in the past I know it's about maintaining a rhythm and sometimes grinding it out. The drop from 28 to 32 is handy in U.K. With short punchy 16% plus, as you guys had at the weekend, but Ventoux isn't like that. It's 10-14% and no sudden ramps so hoping 28 will suffice. In fact on last Alps trip I only used 28 when desperate and Cadence dropped to 60ish. I will be doing a lot of Watopia in the weeks to come but really hoping the RGT Ventoux beta comes out- that should tell me if 28 is low enough.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Personally, I would put the lowest gear on I practically could. You may not need it, but nice to know it is there :bicycle:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sram do 10 and 11 speed cassettes that go out to 36. They are a direct fit to a shimano setup and I have found they work on a system that had a 32 cassette on it (just adjust the b screw).

Top Bottom