Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
If anyone fancies joining me I'll be on the 17:50 race tonight around NYC. First time racing this course so will be interesting. I think it's flattish but not 100% sure. Distance is 20km so should be fast and furious.

Tomorrow I'm looking at the 18:00 Tour of NY Stage 1 Highline Race.

That's not a race is it?

Del C

Veteran
Can't do tonight - up for a race tomorrow night though...

P.S. I might have just slipped and fell and bought myself a neo....(finally ) :ohmy:
Been hugely pleased with my Neo.

bridgy

Legendary Member
What event are people doing here? The sportive or race/gran fondo? I may be persuaded to do it next year if I can get on the same event others are doing! :smile:
Just seen this @peterob - last chance to sign up for the lower price as they'll put the price up the nearer it gets

Screenshot_20181023-105418_Facebook.jpg

peterob

Veteran
Just seen this @peterob - last chance to sign up for the lower price as they'll put the price up the nearer it gets

View attachment 435091
Well that did it Paul! - I'm now fully signed up ^_^

Cheers :okay:

Do those that are staying over on the Saturday night know where they'll be stopping over yet?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That's why if I can do these
Race on NY yesterday, and it's definitely a different beast to all the other courses. The constant ups and downs, and the sharp inclines (even on the flat courses) gives plenty opportunity to attack and break free. Yesterday I ended up in a group of 8 early on, but the 8% rises soon blew this apart (read: I was dropped!). Normally on a flat course I'd be sitting nicely in a group of 8 but no rest at all.

Tonight will be interesting as the KoM is included :surrender: Not a long climb, but long and steep enough to blow any drafting groups apart :B)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Do those that are staying over on the Saturday night know where they'll be stopping over yet?
Not booked anywhere yet - was going to look around later this week for a cheap B&B or pub.

kipster

Guru

I'm booked into the Travelodge on the A1, I hadn't looked properly and it looked close to the start venue, but there isn't any access directly from it, so I guess I'll need to drive the very short distance from it to the show ground.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm booked into the Travelodge on the A1, I hadn't looked properly and it looked close to the start venue, but there isn't any access directly from it, so I guess I'll need to drive the very short distance from it to the show ground.
That's a shame because they charge an extortionate amount of money to park - unless you get there super-early

bridgy

Legendary Member

That's great! I'm able to stay at my Mum's about an hour away luckily so don't need to book a hotel

Top Bottom