Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I think my preference is where bob and Lars stayed last time. Just because my place (think it was travelodge but not 100%) didn’t do a proper breakfast so I ended up in their hotel for breakfast anyway. The event didn’t start till mid morning so there’s no rushing. Also it’s not a bad warm up ride in the morning from Peterborough to the venue.

I’ll be coming by train so if anyone wants parking at the hotel we can look into whether it’s cheaper than the venue.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Also I know the event is miles away still. But it’s a really good one to target because it ticks all the boxes in terms of training for endurance and power blasts. I think it’ll be tough to beat last years averages unless you weren’t on full tilt. Just because it’s longer and we got lucky with the complete lack of wind. But it’s still a good marker to try and train for and hopefully beat.

Technically no, but they are ridden like a race. On some of these 'tour' rides you can get upwards of 500+ riders. Some will ride it casually, most will blast off and race. It's a good way to get PBs with all that drafting :tongue:
I’ve read on zwift riders (Facebook) this morning that there is a 6mile lead in on this event so bear that in mind later :okay:

Edit. See post
IMPORTANT: TOUR OF NY STAGE 1 DISTANCE

If you are planning on riding in today's Stage 1 of the Tour of New York please note there's an approximate 11 km / 7 mile lead-in with one climb before you reach the circuit making the total distance of this stage about 32 km/ 20 mi. Plan on riding for about 1 hour or so depending on your speed. Our apologies for not messaging this earlier. Don't forget there's a make up day on November 3 and all stages will be repeated.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Also I know the event is miles away still. But it’s a really good one to target because it ticks all the boxes in terms of training for endurance and power blasts. I think it’ll be tough to beat last years averages unless you weren’t on full tilt. Just because it’s longer and we got lucky with the complete lack of wind. But it’s still a good marker to try and train for and hopefully beat.
Agreed, it was a great event and really good fun to ride on fast, flat closed roads.

It was only 80 miles this year and due to the hot weather, and a refusal to stop(!) I ran out of water and got quite dehydrated - probably a big factor in me getting cramp towards the end. I had two 750ml bottles with electrolyte drink. So in order not to stop and to stay hydrated for 100 miles, I'm going to get a couple of 100ml bottles this time (plus pay a bit more attention to being well hydrated beforehand).

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think my preference is where bob and Lars stayed last time. Just because my place (think it was travelodge but not 100%) didn’t do a proper breakfast so I ended up in their hotel for breakfast anyway. The event didn’t start till mid morning so there’s no rushing. Also it’s not a bad warm up ride in the morning from Peterborough to the venue.

I’ll be coming by train so if anyone wants parking at the hotel we can look into whether it’s cheaper than the venue.

I will post details for everyone later.
Decent hotel with comfy beds and lots of bar/eating space though lots of places to eat in town.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I’ve read on zwift riders (Facebook) this morning that there is a 6mile lead in on this event so bear that in mind later :okay:

Edit. See post
IMPORTANT: TOUR OF NY STAGE 1 DISTANCE

If you are planning on riding in today's Stage 1 of the Tour of New York please note there's an approximate 11 km / 7 mile lead-in with one climb before you reach the circuit making the total distance of this stage about 32 km/ 20 mi. Plan on riding for about 1 hour or so depending on your speed. Our apologies for not messaging this earlier. Don't forget there's a make up day on November 3 and all stages will be repeated.
ZP had it as 20 miles too so I was expecting it to be an hour long ride. I'll go out easy, try to catch some drafts to the climbs then attack the climbs full effort.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well that did it Paul! - I'm now fully signed up ^_^

Cheers :okay:

Do those that are staying over on the Saturday night know where they'll be stopping over yet?

I plan to stay at the Park Inn. Basically next door.

Top Bottom