Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
if your lapping people it doesnt count draft
I try to ride in pace occasionally but there wasn't much groups near by. So i need to do what i possibly could with my energy levels. I am quite satisfied what i could.

bobinski

Legendary Member
good luck all
hope to join a race later this week

I looked for you. As soon as I got on the bike legs felt ok . Uboat filmed more interesting ;)

LBHIFI

Veteran
Gran Canaria has some steep bits:B). Coming down isnt straight down,tbere are some very big ridges to get over:cry: .Jiggered now, off for a Chinese :biggrin:
Lucky bastard ^_^ I just can't leave my wife alone with the kids for so long.
Looks like an epic ride. Those strava % are strange. The last short climb coming from Fataga to get over the top at the viewpoint is def. more than 7%.

peterob

Veteran
I looked for you. As soon as I got on the bike legs felt ok . Uboat filmed more interesting ;)
I saw you pass me in a group on the steep bit at the end of the first lap. I couldn't hold that group on that gradient and never saw you again :surrender:. Those steep inclines absolutely killed me today :hyper:.

Good to see a number of us on the start line :rolleyes:

JuhaL

Guru
This 1st stage was first tough ride with my Elite Drivo 2. The way the resistance unit response those gradients, it make my legs to sing hallelujah. What feel of realism it was. It keeps my motivation level high, especially when training start produce better results.

mjd1988

Guru
so much for not a race! New max heart rate :cursing:

Great to see people out - Was with Whorty for a good while but kept getting slaughtered on the bigger gradients. Loving new york but not sure the profile will suit me for racing.

peterob

Veteran
A few observations/queries from trying out a few rides on Zwift now...

1. Drafting doesn't feel as 'real world like' in the same way that it did on BKool (with the Pro) - you don't seem to get the 'suck' in the same way and cannot ease off as you would on the road
2. Hills certainly feel like hills! Tonight's 17% ramps had me on my lowest gear (36/32) on the Kickr which would never be the case when I was on my Pro on BKool
3. Why are some bikes glow in the dark? How do I get one?!
4. Points earn new bikes/wheels etc. Do these actually give you performance benefits in races? Or are they just for the bling factor?
5. Tonight's ride was a bit confusing with everyone in the same kit!!!

Top Bottom