Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Thanks Bob - qr axle on my trainer bike so should be OK thanks. I guess the main thing I'll have to do is fit the cassette - I plan to take the one off my rear wheel and transfer it to the Neo as I only use that bike for the trainer anyway

You will likely need to install the Tacx utility app on your phone to update trainer software via bt. Make sure ALL other local bt connections/device are off otherwise the update can hang.

After that you are good to go:smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
You will likely need to install the Tacx utility app on your phone to update trainer software via bt. Make sure ALL other local bt connections/device are off otherwise the update can hang.

After that you are good to go:smile:
Thanks again Bob - brace yourself for newbie Neo setup questions if I run into any problems :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Fataga climb
20181024_115744.jpg

Here is a viewing point just above Ayacata where i stopped for a break before descent

I suggest we get a group, pile in with Lars family and do some winter riding in lovely 25C heat:whistle:

View attachment 435262
I sure hope your brakes are fixed!!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Tell me about it, i wasnt expecting that climb, I thought I had dealt with all the major climbs. I could of done without it. I let the wife I would be out 6 hours and WhatsApp my location, so she could track me. It was a long day, a few minor mechanical issues, broken spoke again and after the last photo shot, i lost brakes almost completely, going straight across a corner in front of a car- similar to pad knock. I have new pads and rotor which I was bedding in on this ride. Thank goodness they came back working next corner.
Are they hydraulic brakes ? Maybe I'll take my son out for a spin in the mountains next time and I thought mechanical disc brakes would be the most safe solution for a newbie.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Did my first "Double Draft" race today. Don't know if it was due to the double draft, but I was able to stay with the front B's for almost the entire race. Got a cramp in my right leg after 25 min, but managed to get over it by shifting more load to left leg. After 45 we were lapped by some A's and a I think a few B's latched on. 47 min with just 5 km to go, I got a cramp in my left leg and that was game over for me :B). From there I just pootled to the finish line.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I sure hope your brakes are fixed!!

Im checking over today for possible trip tomorrow.

We came down the road into Mogan GC200 and GC605. Very good surfaces . The gradients, maybe similar to Tenerife's main climbs 6-7% average upto Teide but there are steeper segments here in Gran Canarie . The roads are much narrower. I know there are extremely steep segments in Tenerife also, if you go looking for them.

GC60 from Maspalomas upto the peak is the most popular and a long tough climb(excellent road surface)
Screenshot_20181024-172653_Maps.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Are they hydraulic brakes ? Maybe I'll take my son out for a spin in the mountains next time and I thought mechanical disc brakes would be the most safe solution for a newbie.

They're hydraulic Lars. Unusual event, having worked fine for dozens of hairpin bends before i stopped and just didnt have much braking force with lots of vibration after my photo stop. Next corner they were fine again and all the way back to the hotel.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Boiling of the fluid behind the pistons. then it cooled and the gas went back into solution. It can be an issue with hydrualic discs on tandems the heat generated goes down the piston to cause boiling ... why hope Tech V3,s are dual ceramic pistons

Top Bottom