Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
well done all for racing
i got home from walking the dog in drizzle and as i sat there with a cup of tea i come over all lazy - to be honest i am still sat there ! ^_^
YFB :rofl:

kipster

Guru
well done all for racing
i got home from walking the dog in drizzle and as i sat there with a cup of tea i come over all lazy - to be honest i am still sat there ! ^_^
Saving your legs for Sunday? I've decided that the weather is so good tomorrow I'm going to get a club ride in. Hopefully I won't be talked into a fast one else I'll be dead on Sunday.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Saving your legs for Sunday? I've decided that the weather is so good tomorrow I'm going to get a club ride in. Hopefully I won't be talked into a fast one else I'll be dead on Sunday.
gonna get a little ride in today just to make sure i am silently running in stealth mode then i should be all bouncy for sunday - give tommy a chance to see what its like to look after a kid with adhd :hyper::biggrin:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I know I should do that .... but too tempted by a race :biggrin: I'll do a workout tomorrow and Sunday :okay:

Race was tough tonight. Was with @Norry1 for a lot of it but I think us trying to stay with the top C guys blew us both up. I was having to ride at silly watts just to stay with the group, and every incline I needed to push 3-400 watts just to hang on. Popped out the lead group at the end of lap 2 (of 4) then on my own until the end of lap 3 when the next group, with Martin, caught me. I then went in the red trying to get up and over the start line incline and couldn't hold on again so lost that group. Final lap, was on my own until 1 km to go when group 3 caught me. I stayed with these until the finish incline when, even though I was pushing 300+ watts the C guys still went over the top of me :B) In ZP I was 12 (out of 21) so not too bad. Ave watts 238 (2.9 w/kg) so can't complain.

Great riding with you again @Norry1 :okay:

Yep, found that hard. I've been struggling a bit lately - not sure why. I have recently started following Ingo Schorgenhummer who I have seen winning C races, and also posts on YouTube sometimes - and saw that he was in our race. I planned to try and stay with him and see how I got on. As @Whorty says, it was very hard staying in the group with all the accelerations up the inclines. My capacity seems to be lower than it was several months ago and I lost the group after 2 laps. I had killed myself getting back into the group 2-3 times before.

I decided to just limp to the finish, but had a brief go when the next group went past me, until I popped again. I ended up 13th and a but disappointed - but need to get over that.

Nice to see @Whorty at the pointy end for quite a while.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yep, found that hard. I've been struggling a bit lately - not sure why. I have recently started following Ingo Schorgenhummer who I have seen winning C races, and also posts on YouTube sometimes - and saw that he was in our race. I planned to try and stay with him and see how I got on. As @Whorty says, it was very hard staying in the group with all the accelerations up the inclines. My capacity seems to be lower than it was several months ago and I lost the group after 2 laps. I had killed myself getting back into the group 2-3 times before.

I decided to just limp to the finish, but had a brief go when the next group went past me, until I popped again. I ended up 13th and a but disappointed - but need to get over that.

Nice to see @Whorty at the pointy end for quite a while.
My aim was to stay pointy end as long as possible. I knew I'd get popped out the back but actually quite pleased to last as long as I did with that group. Wished I could have held on to the second group, but the climb to the finish on lap 3 sent me too far into the red :B) Next time! :training:

bobinski

Legendary Member
6 week beginner ftp builder complete and FTP retested. 197 to 241, a 22% increase. Far more than I had hoped for :becool: What plan should I do next...

Fantastic!

I would choose a race with your new ftp setting your cat and see what happens. You never know but your 20 min normalised power may end up a little higher in a race situation which may then impact on what TP you choose next. And your ftp.

JuhaL

Guru
I'm a bit of a lump still, 105kg, So my W/kg is less than impressive :laugh: I think it works out at just under 2.3 :whistle:
I think it's impressive despite for that. Just imagine how much you have to do work compare rider who's weight is something like 80kg and same height as yours. With that calculation your W/kg could be 3.2...but just could be ^_^. With Zwift is easy to test that, just set your weight lower and see what is effect. Do this at your own risk :biggrin:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I think it's impressive despite for that. Just imagine how much you have to do work compare rider who's weight is something like 80kg and same height as yours. With that calculation your W/kg could be 3.2...but just could be ^_^. With Zwift is easy to test that, just set your weight lower and see what is effect. Do this at your own risk :biggrin:

To be honest I've always been heavy - when I was 15 I raced cross country, played Rugby for 3 teams and sprinted for my county and I was technically obese despite there not being an ounce of fat on me :laugh: These days I am carrying some weight around my middle that I could shift, but I think a realistic target would be 95kg which is still only 2.5W/kg. I'm not built like the pro's thats for sure :laugh: I think any real gains are going to have to come from playing on my strengths, which in this case is strength :laugh:

Top Bottom