Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Breedon - was you on the WBR race this afternoon? I saw a whole group ride past on what looked like granny bikes with baskets etc. Hilarious.

bugno

Must be pushing some massive numbers to get called up by ZADA/CEVAZ :eek:

Haha ... thanks for the replies. I did not push massive numbers and I was not DQ'ed.

I am borderline C/D group (my weight is an issue !) so decided to join in group C to avoid the commissioners ;)

Damn I am happy with my new Elite Direto - I can stand up on climbs !!!!

Btw: I am losing weight. Any ZADA rules there ? Ie, kg/week one can reduce or alike ?

PS: cheap HRM ... suggestions ? I hate that stuff (when you see black spots ... reduce power ... is my personal and well tested HRM) but it appears some Zwift races require it.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Haha ... thanks for the replies. I did not push massive numbers and I was not DQ'ed.

I am borderline C/D group (my weight is an issue !) so decided to join in group C to avoid the commissioners ;)

Btw: I am losing weight. Any ZADA rules there ? Ie, kg/week one can reduce or alike ?

PS: cheap HRM ... suggestions ? I hate that stuff (when you see black spots ... reduce power ... is my personal and well tested HRM) but it appears some Zwift races require it.

Weight, no problems as long you're honest. HR, .I like the Wahoo Tickr, it has Bluetooth and Ant+

bugno

Weight, no problems as long you're honest. HR, .I like the Wahoo Tickr, it has Bluetooth and Ant+

I am brutally honest about my +0,1 ton weight.

Thanks for the tip about wahoo tickr. I thought these things were a lot more expensive. Nice surprise there.

Edit. In races it always shows my (very high) weight with a fat red font. How come ? They suspect I weigh less or what ?

Whorty

Not sure there are any issues with weight unless someone reduces it to say 50kg on a climb race, then up to 100 for a flat race. Are you on ZwiftPower - if not, join that and we can see all your stats for a race.

Whorty

Yea was supposed to be 3 hours at 2.2-2.5 w/kg but 1 1/2 hours in lost Ant signal so bailed lost a good 30 seconds till i got it back.
Frustrating. I had a couple of drop outs today too, but not in the group ride so not a biggy.

Are those granny bikes as slow as they look?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Not sure there are any issues with weight unless someone reduces it to say 50kg on a climb race, then up to 100 for a flat race. Are you on ZwiftPower - if not, join that and we can see all your stats for a race.

Put Cyclechat in the team tab

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yea was supposed to be 3 hours at 2.2-2.5 w/kg but 1 1/2 hours in lost Ant signal so bailed lost a good 30 seconds till i got it back.

Are you using an extension lead for the ant+ dongle? Also you can use Zwiftlyser to analyse the ant+ signal aswell as others to see what quality it is. You can analyse each ride as tbey are stored in the Zwift folder.

bugno

Yes. I surrendered 100%. I am on Zwift, Zwiftpower, Strava, I have a direct drive trainer ... I sold my soul to the devil. Similar to when I went from a technical role to sales. I have no spine.

Note, I have bkool subscription until october 2019. I like the velodrome and flat routes to do recovery rides at very low watts - not need to look at the screen and can just watch netflix etc. Haven't found a way to do that with Zwift

Breedon

Legendary Member
Are you using an extension lead for the ant+ dongle? Also you can use Zwiftlyser to analyse the ant+ signal aswell as others to see what quality it is. You can analyse each ride as tbey are stored in the Zwift folder.
Ran the zwiftlsyer and plugged the usb into the back of the pc which has improved alot but I'll run it tomorrow to see what's going on.
Would Bluetooth affect Ant+? As i use my headphones via Bluetooth can't think of anything else that could affect it

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Note, I have bkool subscription until october 2019. I like the velodrome and flat routes to do recovery rides at very low watts - not need to look at the screen and can just watch netflix etc. Haven't found a way to do that with Zwift

I use TrainerRoad and Zwift together. TrainerRoad controls the turbo in ERG mode whilst i get the graphics and otger riders to see in Zwift. This then allows me to set a session of very low watts and just trundle around Zwift. You cant race, the watts are held static

Whorty

Yes. I surrendered 100%. I am on Zwift, Zwiftpower, Strava, I have a direct drive trainer ... I sold my soul to the devil. Similar to when I went from a technical role to sales. I have no spine.

Set realism in Zwift to 0%, then spin away like you're on the velo :okay: This is how I do recovery rides

Top Bottom