Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just setup brother #3 on Zwift. If you've had a follow request from GT or Graeme that is him. He's not looking forward to the challenge :laugh::laugh:

Brother #2 should be done on Saturday :ohmy:^_^:laugh:

I did wonder who was this chap , .You certainly got the reach for the sky gene's :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You could ride on the inner ring on mega pretzel and resist getting drawn into chasing. Thats why i like TR on Zwift, stuck in ERG mode. Sometimes Im blasting by, mostly everyone is flying by whilst I'm doing low watts :smile:

Del C

Veteran
Yes @Del C i see you arrive in the pen but never again after that. I was 2hrs 39. My longest turbo ride. the last climb was painful shame I didn't see you. Good thing as there was a bout 900 riders on medio so was always a few to ride with. Prob the hardest ride I've done on there.
Think it was probably my longest too.

I agree that last climb was a grind, but as you said plenty to ride with.

It's hard to understand how much difference a smart turbo and a good simulator make. If someone had said to me 3 years ago that I'd enjoy a 2 and half hour turbo session I'd have thought they were crazy!

Del C

Veteran
You could ride on the inner ring on mega pretzel and resist getting drawn into chasing. Thats why i like TR on Zwift, stuck in ERG mode. Sometimes Im blasting by, mostly everyone is flying by whilst I'm doing low watts :smile:
Same experience doing the Zwift workouts.

I never really understood ERG mode from reading descriptions of it, but as soon as you do an ERG session it all comes together and makes sense.

I did some workouts on Bkool, but they were just riding against a line or a graph and I soon lost interest. Again. its amazing how much difference it makes doing it on a virtual road with others riders around. I'm assuming Trainer Road pairs with Zwift, so you can do a Trainer Road workout while riding a Zwift course?

I did the Ham Sandwich workout today on the Build Me Up plan on Zwift. Thought it was the toughest one yet, but I guess a 2 and half hour medio fondo yesterday probably didn't help my slightly dead legs.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I did wonder who he was but looking at the people he's following i thought a fellow cyclechatter

I did wonder who was this chap , .You certainly got the reach for the sky gene's :smile:

That was my reasoning too!
Brother #2 is not gonna be happy with me come Saturday. He's just been informed he's moving house on Thursday (yeah short notice). I've told him I'm gonna set Zwift up for him. He's gonna be busy :laugh::laugh::laugh:. I'm laying money on how many time he drives home to the wrong house :rofl:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm assuming Trainer Road pairs with Zwift, so you can do a Trainer Road workout while riding a Zwift course?

Not exactly, I run them in parallel with 2 Ant+ dongles. I disable the controllable trainer in Zwift, so Zwift just sees power/cadence/hr and works out speed. TR sets the ERG workout. It has a minimal screen setting so TR sits at the bottom of screen leaving most of Zwift screen to watch

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a bit of fun late on with my fellow Zwifters. There was one chap from Korea banging out 4.5-4.8W/Kg and couldnt pull away from my locked ERG 3.0Watts. He tried to get away by going upto 6W/Kg and did get 5metres lead but had to back off and drop back into the 3s Watts. Eventually he went pop. He must of been ultra light :tongue:

mjd1988

Guru
Had a bit of fun late on with my fellow Zwifters. There was one chap from Korea banging out 4.5-4.8W/Kg and couldnt pull away from my locked ERG 3.0Watts. He tried to get away by going upto 6W/Kg and did get 5metres lead but had to back off and drop back into the 3s Watts. Eventually he went pop. He must of been ultra light :tongue:

Gotta love that do or die for no reason attitude.:laugh: The amount of people I've sprinted past for no reason other than in my head we've been in a titanic struggle that they are unaware of...
(Then they overtake me but they don't know that the finish line was as soon as i overtook :dance:)

Reading that back I sound a wee bit mental...

theboxers

Gotta love that do or die for no reason attitude.:laugh: The amount of people I've sprinted past for no reason other than in my head we've been in a titanic struggle that they are unaware of...
(Then they overtake me but they don't know that the finish line was as soon as i overtook :dance:)

Recognising that you have, errr, Limitations is half the battle. What you now do with that knowledge is the other half.

I mean look at us lot here. We're all in the same boat about IRL riding, :eek:.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member

You will fit in just fine here ;)

:biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I do similar. Was on a workout last night that I completed going up the Alpe. Workout finished with about 10 mins of climbing left, so I continued slowly spinning up the final couple of km. A chap started chasing me as we neared the summit, putting in 8 w/kg to pip me at the line. What he didn't realise though was my finish line was back at the bottom of the Alpe :biggrin: Strange thing is though, he then freewheeled all the way back down the Alpe, which I find completely pointless - yes you get 'free' miles, but zero exercise benefit. I always cycle back down the Alpe, low watts, but always turning the pedals.

theboxers

I do similar. Was on a workout last night that I completed going up the Alpe. Workout finished with about 10 mins of climbing left, so I continued slowly spinning up the final couple of km. A chap started chasing me as we neared the summit, putting in 8 w/kg to pip me at the line. What he didn't realise though was my finish line was back at the bottom of the Alpe :biggrin: Strange thing is though, he then freewheeled all the way back down the Alpe, which I find completely pointless - yes you get 'free' miles, but zero exercise benefit. I always cycle back down the Alpe, low watts, but always turning the pedals.
I use the descents as my cool down. So I get the benefit of the mileage points as well as the being able to get off the bike relatively calm and with breath to spare :sweat:

Top Bottom