Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
team gladiators looks nice tomorrow :whistle:
Can I interest you in a bottle of port, it needs using up today.......

Rode the Medio Fondo today. Saw @bert1971 just after the start but not after that.

Quite happy with my 2h 30m on the 72k Watopia Pretzel. Some big climbs on that route.

I felt like the Build Me Up workout is starting to pay off, but I really want to know what workout the incredible Lars Dupre is on, because his sensational winning time of 18.51 has really impressed me. I calculated that’s an average speed of 221km/h. Chapeau!!
Yes @Del C i see you arrive in the pen but never again after that. I was 2hrs 39. My longest turbo ride. the last climb was painful shame I didn't see you. Good thing as there was a bout 900 riders on medio so was always a few to ride with. Prob the hardest ride I've done on there.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Thanks all ! , found mom a room at 12:45am and once settled it was 1.30am ,I got home had a bowl of cereal in bed and set the alarm , see what today brings

Cheers guys

Chris
Hang in there Chris,

Sepsis usually responds well to antibiotics, obviously your mum may have other issues with respect to her other treatment regime.

My Mother in law ended up in exactly the same state following chemo ... Still with us nearly 25 years later, and they only gave her a 10 year prognosis!!

Tony

Hang in there Chris,

Sepsis usually responds well to antibiotics, obviously your mum may have other issues with respect to her other treatment regime.

My Mother in law ended up in exactly the same state following chemo ... Still with us nearly 25 years later, and they only gave her a 10 year prognosis!!

Tony
Cheers
Mom refused chemo and they gave her 6 to 10 months to live on the 6th of December she made 2 years but is gradually going down hill now , this is the second bout of sepsis she has had now, but she is still thinking positive

Cheers all

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Doing my own workout again later. Really, really need to get my legs up to 250 watts for an hour, and also get my legs used to riding for longer than an hour! 1hr 50 mins last night was hard. ToC is gong to take me the best part of 6 hours, so I need to start doing longer rides too. Conflicting requirements?!?

Tommy2

Über Member
Rode on my own last night up the hill, didn’t check to see whether my settings were for 100% and didn’t want to stop halfway to check in case it ended the ride, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t thought.
From what I’ve seen there’s usually a race or group ride starting every 15-20 mins but I manage to get the only hour where there was nothing on!

kipster

Guru
Doing my own workout again later. Really, really need to get my legs up to 250 watts for an hour, and also get my legs used to riding for longer than an hour! 1hr 50 mins last night was hard. ToC is gong to take me the best part of 6 hours, so I need to start doing longer rides too. Conflicting requirements?!?

2 hours on the turbo is 3 hours or more in real life, on the turbo you don't stop pedaling whereas irl you'll coast a bit, soft pedal in the draft etc.. I can't be arsed to do more than about 90 minutes on the turbo, but then I get to go outside for a few hours irl.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Carl .have you thought about, longer zone 2 rides? I was a little sceptical about the benefits of these types of endurance efforts. But I have found they do prepare a good base to build from. 8 weeks or so building up duration, whilst keeping good form high cadence. Good thing is the workouts dont tire you out, so you can do them day after day, with only the odd rest day thrown in.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl .have you thought about, longer zone 2 rides? I was a little sceptical about the benefits of these types of endurance efforts. But I have found they do prepare a good base to build from. 8 weeks or so building up duration, whilst keeping good form high cadence. Good thing is the workouts dont tire you out, so you can do them day after day, with only the odd rest day thrown in.
I have Andy. Over Christmas I'm going to plan a couple of 3 hour low watt rides. To keep me from chasing others I'll set up a workout at about 160 watts for the 3 hours and just pootle along. I can certainly see the benefit of this, from being able to sit on a bike for 3 hours, to being able to just turn the pedals for that long none stop. Coming up to ToC I'll set my trainer up for the same gearing I have on my SS and choose a flat course and ride it for 3-4 hours - should give me a good feel for what to expect (ignoring the possible cross/head winds :cry:)

kipster

Guru
I have Andy. Over Christmas I'm going to plan a couple of 3 hour low watt rides. To keep me from chasing others I'll set up a workout at about 160 watts for the 3 hours and just pootle along. I can certainly see the benefit of this, from being able to sit on a bike for 3 hours, to being able to just turn the pedals for that long none stop. Coming up to ToC I'll set my trainer up for the same gearing I have on my SS and choose a flat course and ride it for 3-4 hours - should give me a good feel for what to expect (ignoring the possible cross/head winds :cry:)
Make sure that you vary the watts, sas 20 minutes at 160, 5 minutes at 180, 30 seconds at 240, 10 minutes at 150, just to work stop the legs getting bored, also change cadence, work on pedalling techniques, handle bar positions etc..

Top Bottom