Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I wish jersey manufacturers would get together and decide what size is actually a small ! Just received a top from fleabay new with tags size small £1 bargain - until I saw it
Thought to myself , this is gonna be interesting as looked at the top that even Barbie would have advised ken to go next size up . As I put it on I could feel the blood leaving my arms but was still thinking I could get away with it being a race fit I zipped it up and my ears popped under the pressure but still was optimistic and went for a second opinion - number 1 son started laughing and said how the hell did you get in that !
I had to get him to help get it off @Breedon - do you want a new top for your new slimline look

:laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah, Zwift racing is all about a series of sprints. A sprint at the start to get into a group as close to the front as possible, followed by a series of sprints to stay with your group whenever there's a surge in the pace, followed by a sprint finish.

If you can nail all of these, you'll get the best possible result - the problem is during the race when you're already at, or close to your limit when one of those sprints is required!

There’s a really horrible training session on Sufferfest where you do (I think) 22 surges/sprints over a short period with declining recovery time while watching footage of riders racing. It is hell but probably good training for racing on Zwift.

JuhaL

Guru
using a higher cadence help with this, cadence is easier to pickup at higher rpm
That is true. I think also trainer you are using is good to know well too. There are differences how aggressive/fast resistance unit is when gradients are changing, needs a good legs to response fast enough. Some trainers have inertia too and some don't. Watching results for example yesterdays ToL shows lot of differences power readings. 1 rider who was almost same weight with me and only 10s faster than me, his avg power was 319W and mine was 249W. That tells me lot of differences with trainers behavior and accuracy. Goes sometimes little bit too much scientific this indoor training ^_^.

JuhaL

Guru
It just shows they're on another level even within the A cats. I can hardly touch the keyboard for a needed power up when racing, im that close to the limit . It would be lovely to have 10bpm capacity ontop of race pace for surges or sprints.:sad:
I think you can use Companion too to use power up if you have phone on your handlebar/stem.

bridgy

Legendary Member
There’s a really horrible training session on Sufferfest where you do (I think) 22 surges/sprints over a short period with declining recovery time while watching footage of riders racing. It is hell but probably good training for racing on Zwift.
This is literally a Zwift race! So I (unscientifically, so probably wrongly) just take the view that racing itself is probably good training for racing - and more fun than workouts too!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Apparently there is Really Big News embargoed to 4pm today. I wonder what it will be. Buy out of bkool?
Anyway, should be out at 4pm and on zwiftcast which will be available to dl at 4pm.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I wish jersey manufacturers would get together and decide what size is actually a small ! Just received a top from fleabay new with tags size small £1 bargain - until I saw it
Thought to myself , this is gonna be interesting as looked at the top that even Barbie would have advised ken to go next size up . As I put it on I could feel the blood leaving my arms but was still thinking I could get away with it being a race fit I zipped it up and my ears popped under the pressure but still was optimistic and went for a second opinion - number 1 son started laughing and said how the hell did you get in that !
I had to get him to help get it off @Breedon - do you want a new top for your new slimline look
From the sounds of it I won't even be able to get it over my head :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
From the sounds of it I won't even be able to get it over my head :laugh:

I struggle with some of the XXL jerseys I've got :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
BD4A6A1C-53F5-43CE-90FB-2E0D912B2846.png
More places available for ToC race etc.

JLaw

Veteran
Bah. I must really be on the border between C & D. ZP has bounced me back and forth between them.

I'd signed up for KISS EUR D yesterday. We had a solid lead group of over a dozen. A few went off the front at 19 w/kg and were subsequently ignored. Near the end of the first lap the group roughly broke in half and we opened up a ~10 second gap on slower half. But nobody really seemed interested in pushing the pace and after a few miles the chase group caught back up leading to a fairly large group for the final miles.

I was about mid-pack as we approached the finish line. Plan was to go at about 250M using the half-dozen or so in front to draft. Launched roughly where I wanted and steadily worked through the line, but ran out of road to catch the leader. My impression was that just a few more meters of race and I would have got him. My 2nd place effort was wiped out because ZP has decided I'm in C again. Oh well, good workout.

Roughly 6 weeks until surgery.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bah. I must really be on the border between C & D. ZP has bounced me back and forth between them.

I'd signed up for KISS EUR D yesterday. We had a solid lead group of over a dozen. A few went off the front at 19 w/kg and were subsequently ignored. Near the end of the first lap the group roughly broke in half and we opened up a ~10 second gap on slower half. But nobody really seemed interested in pushing the pace and after a few miles the chase group caught back up leading to a fairly large group for the final miles.

I was about mid-pack as we approached the finish line. Plan was to go at about 250M using the half-dozen or so in front to draft. Launched roughly where I wanted and steadily worked through the line, but ran out of road to catch the leader. My impression was that just a few more meters of race and I would have got him. My 2nd place effort was wiped out because ZP has decided I'm in C again. Oh well, good workout.

Roughly 6 weeks until surgery.

Make the most of those 6 weeks. You will miss them. I am going a little crazy not being able to ride. Do you know how long you will be off the bike after?

JLaw

Veteran
Make the most of those 6 weeks. You will miss them. I am going a little crazy not being able to ride. Do you know how long you will be off the bike after?
No real clue yet. Cycling is explicitly called out as verboten in the post-op guidelines. I'm going to be asking why -- I'm supposed to be walking as much as I can, I'd like to replace at least some of that with turning over the pedals if I reasonably can. I'm hoping the major concerns are core engagement to stabilize the bike and crashing, neither of which is a concern indoors.

Guidelines also include no lifting over 10lbs and pressure on my incisions if I cough, sneeze or take a deep breath, apparently hernias at the incision points are a concern. I suspect normal cycling position would be mighty uncomfortable, but being on an indoor trainer, I could just sit up and hold onto the bookshelves to minimize core engagement.

So I suspect at best they'll clear me to turn over the pedals 2-4 weeks out. No clue when I'll be cleared to ride up to whatever intensity my body will tolerate.

Top Bottom