Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Would suggest a target for me then on a 4 lap ride of 90 mins is about right. So long as I can get in a decent group early on, and hang in there, I should be OK. If I get dropped though and end up on my own then I'll be stuffed :B)
So 90mins is your target, yeah right. There was air in that time target a lot of air :notworthy:. Have to say rest of you guys are hell of a physical condition too. Should we found a pro tour team now that Team Skys future is near the end.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done Lee - great ride! I was on a bad day for some reason - I was struggling from the start and just had nothing in my legs - eventually the inevitable happened with about 10k to go and I got dropped from the group we were both in. I can't tell you quite how close I got to just giving up, but I did manage to struggle on to the end!

So 1-all for the week - I'm enjoying our little rivalry ^_^

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well done Lee - great ride! I was on a bad day for some reason - I was struggling from the start and just had nothing in my legs - eventually the inevitable happened with about 10k to go and I got dropped from the group we were both in. I can't tell you quite how close I got to just giving up, but I did manage to struggle on to the end!

So 1-all for the week - I'm enjoying our little rivalry ^_^
when i saw you scoot off up the road at the beginning - i thought " oh no , not again so soon " never expected to see you again at no point did i feel comfortable and just hung on until they all upped the pace and i got dropped 2 mile from the end
sorry you had an off day - but is it wrong of me to take it anyway :wahhey:
and yeh this rivalry is really moreish !
And there are rumours of a certain TT may show his face before the month is out !!

mjd1988

Guru
A lot of excellent rides out there today! Don't think mine was one of them though, need to up the mileage methinks, with a focus on hills.

Managed to get home in time for a whole 8 seconds of warm-up xx(

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
So 90mins is your target, yeah right. There was air in that time target a lot of air :notworthy:. Have to say rest of you guys are hell of a physical condition too. Should we found a pro tour team now that Team Skys future is near the end.
I was spurred on by having Micheal, and then @Monte breathing down my neck :laugh: There were times towards the end when I could easily have let that group go and just roll the last 5km, but I kept digging in and trying to draft as much as I could. I lost the wheel a few times, well the guy I was following lost the last wheel and I had to work hard to get back on. Then the final little climb through the piccadilly tunnel I had to really attack to get a head start along piccadilly itself else I would definitely have been dropped.

Feeling very tired now xx(

Just saw Paul and Lee's times :notworthy::notworthy:

Whorty

Not sure how I finished that, felt sick after 2 laps... good to ride with a few cyclechaters @Whorty
Thankfully the group I was in was determined to catch your group from the start of lap 3. I could see you about 15 secs ahead but there was no way I was closing that gap :surrender: Once the 2 groups joined up it became a little easier for me. I thought you was going to pip me on the line - I went early and sat in the draft of the fast sprinters, so I think they dragged me over the line :biggrin:

Whorty

A lot of excellent rides out there today! Don't think mine was one of them though, need to up the mileage methinks, with a focus on hills.

Managed to get home in time for a whole 8 seconds of warm-up xx(
I thought you'd hang on to the group me and Monte were in but when I drifted back through the group I realised you wasn't there anymore. Not sure when you dropped, but saying that, you was only a minute or so behind so still a crackin ride. Our group was moving pretty quick at times, and quite a few guys willing to work, so I was lucky to get pulled along :sweat:

bridgy

Legendary Member
when i saw you scoot off up the road at the beginning - i thought " oh no , not again so soon " never expected to see you again at no point did i feel comfortable and just hung on until they all upped the pace and i got dropped 2 mile from the end
sorry you had an off day - but is it wrong of me to take it anyway :wahhey:
and yeh this rivalry is really moreish !
And there are rumours of a certain TT may show his face before the month is out !!
Definitely not wrong of you to enjoy your "win" - I don't mean to take anything away from your performance by saying I had a bad day either - it was just such a contrast to how I felt on Tuesday!

As for @TurboTommy joining us soon - bring it on - about time too!!

Monte

Über Member
Thankfully the group I was in was determined to catch your group from the start of lap 3. I could see you about 15 secs ahead but there was no way I was closing that gap :surrender: Once the 2 groups joined up it became a little easier for me. I thought you was going to pip me on the line - I went early and sat in the draft of the fast sprinters, so I think they dragged me over the line :biggrin:

As per normal, I went off too hard at the start - tried to hang onto the front group, lol.

Overall I was happy with the numbers

Top Bottom