Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ok, it seems Andy's suggestion doesn't necessarily filter through to device manager. So, if you have drop outs perhaps go into DM and if the box in the pic below i checked then uncheck.
It was worked lots of people and those for whom it didnt tried an external powered USB hub with success.

26001115_10155077083051516_6898354615766898717_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

JuhaL

Guru
Anyone doing tol?
Just did. Went pretty well, especially after a morning shift. Legs wasn't fresh but despite for that i manage to keep over 40km/h avg speed.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just did. Went pretty well, especially after a morning shift. Legs wasn't fresh but despite for that i manage to keep over 40km/h avg speed.
Signed up for 6 o'clock. Cold still bad, chest tight, coughing up green muck .... really looking forward to this ride :crazy: Not :wacko: Not going to be pushing too hard - just want to get into a group and let them drag me along. Can't see me getting near you 1hr 7 mins time :surrender:

JuhaL

Guru
Signed up for 6 o'clock. Cold still bad, chest tight, coughing up green muck .... really looking forward to this ride :crazy: Not :wacko: Not going to be pushing too hard - just want to get into a group and let them drag me along. Can't see me getting near you 1hr 7 mins time :surrender:
Better be careful with that cold and all the best with that ride. Hope you find yourself good group where you can manage to ride easier but fast enough.

Whorty

Better be careful with that cold and all the best with that ride. Hope you find yourself good group where you can manage to ride easier but fast enough.
Started off well, legs felt really good having had 3 days rest. Past @mjd1988 going up northumberland avenue on the run in. Pushing decent watts. Chest not great though and coughing quite badly. After about 25 mins HID shouted to me not to be a pillock (she used stronger language than that! :eek:) and to get off and stop the ride as I didn't sound too good. I half listened to her, and let the group I was in move on, dropped the effort and from then on I kept jumping on new groups as they rolled past but when my HR started to drift too high I let them go too. By the end my chest was burning and I do believe I was having a mild asthma attack :whistle: Anyway, a couple of puffs of the ol' Froomey juice and I'm getting OK now :biggrin:

Wasn't looking at the times, but just checked and I was almost a minute behind you :notworthy: Less watts than you by some way, which reflects the excess drafting I was doing :bicycle::bicycle:

Resting tomorrow, and hoping I'll be OK for stage 4 Wednesday.

Edit: Just checked ZP and one of the guys I was in a group with earlier in the race came in at 111 at a time of 1hr 06min 04 secs (compared to my 1hr 07mins 56secs) so I'd say, even if I did stay with that first group I was only looking to knock 2 mins off my time :sweat:

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
I was watching you @Whorty with all excitement how you manage with your healthy condition. After a mid point i was longer than 1minute ahead of you. Last few kilometers you catch me a bit, finish line saved me :blush:. But you ride well :thumbsup:. Lee ride well again too but this time i didn't lose him much as i though.

Whorty

I was watching you @Whorty with all excitement how you manage with your healthy condition. After a mid point i was longer than 1minute ahead of you. Last few kilometers you catch me a bit, finish line saved me :blush:. But you ride well :thumbsup:. Lee ride well again too but this time i didn't lose him much as i though.
I was trying to draft as much as possible to save the old lungs, but every now and then I had to push to get back on the group which was not fun. Thankfully there were quite a few riders tonight so there was always someones wheel to suck :biggrin:

JuhaL

Guru
I was trying to draft as much as possible to save the old lungs, but every now and then I had to push to get back on the group which was not fun. Thankfully there were quite a few riders tonight so there was always someones wheel to suck :biggrin:
For me worst part was last straight where the lap ends. I had difficulties stay in a pace and need to do hard work catch the group again. When i get off the bike i noticed new muscles below my buttocks :blush: . After a foam rolling, stretching and magnesium cream it feels much better now. Probably symptoms from harder work.

mjd1988

Guru
Started off well, legs felt really good having had 3 days rest. Past @mjd1988 going up northumberland avenue on the run in. Pushing decent watts. Chest not great though and coughing quite badly. After about 25 mins HID shouted to me not to be a pillock (she used stronger language than that! :eek:) and to get off and stop the ride as I didn't sound too good. I half listened to her, and let the group I was in move on, dropped the effort and from then on I kept jumping on new groups as they rolled past but when my HR started to drift too high I let them go too. By the end my chest was burning and I do believe I was having a mild asthma attack :whistle: Anyway, a couple of puffs of the ol' Froomey juice and I'm getting OK now :biggrin:

Wasn't looking at the times, but just checked and I was almost a minute behind you :notworthy: Less watts than you by some way, which reflects the excess drafting I was doing :bicycle::bicycle:

Resting tomorrow, and hoping I'll be OK for stage 4 Wednesday.

Edit: Just checked ZP and one of the guys I was in a group with earlier in the race came in at 111 at a time of 1hr 06min 04 secs (compared to my 1hr 07mins 56secs) so I'd say, even if I did stay with that first group I was only looking to knock 2 mins off my time :sweat:

Didn't realise you were up the road until the very end! fair play for that ride when you are feeling that bad, really impressive, think i'm coming out of my cold now so no excuse or me! really enjoyed the ride today, and had a good bunch sprint at the end. Hope the watts pick up a bit though, need to have a proper short race soon to see where i am

Monte

Über Member
Just saw the results for the 7 o'clock ride ... so glad I wasn't in that race else I'd have tried to stay with @Norry1 and @Monte and got even more of a boiiocking off HID :biggrin: Well done @berty bassett and @bert1971 too :okay: Great to see so many CCers contesting these races

I personally found that very hard tonight, still got stage 2 mileage in my legs I reckon. Agree, I find it motivational seeing other cycle chatters online in the same ride.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well, I nearly wimped out, but managed to persuade myself to do ToL Stage 3 tonight. My broadband mifi insisted on a firmware update and so I got on Zwift with about a minute to spare before the event began - so no warmup. For that reason, I went off fairly easily and was quite a way back in the field. I got in with a decent group and we started slowly reeling people in. I was about 245 of the 433 starters at this point and it made a nice change catching people :smile:

I saw Brendan Parker and then @Monte and we passed each other a few times. I had to dig in quite hard but enjoyed the ride tonight - ending with a 1.06.06 which I was reasonably pleased with.

Hopefully back with motivation and no cold now :smile:

I personally found that very hard tonight, still got stage 2 mileage in my legs I reckon. Agree, I find it motivational seeing other cycle chatters online in the same ride.
I wasn’t feeling it tonight either.i didn’t see you tonight prob had my head in my hands. :wacko: I see @Norry1 but chased him for a few miles but had to ease off as wouldn’t have finished. Those flat ones kill me for some reason. Still all done well done all :okay:

JuhaL

Guru
Because of work i have now couple days off far away from bike. Need to ride stage-4 in a make-up day, well rested i hope. What else man can do just before xmas than empty his inner fuel tank and next day overfill it :santa: :cheers:.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
silly question time - my weight in zwift is just under 65 kg ( think i put it in lbs then converted to metric )
i havent been that weight for ages now and just havent bothered changing it - i am just over 63 kg or 10st 1
i know if i put new weight in it would be slightly easier up hill but would it make it harder in flat races like tonight ? i struggled tonight
not gonna bother changing it as hopefully xmas will bring some extra pudding - just wondered if consensus was it would make a difference

Top Bottom