Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
silly question time - my weight in zwift is just under 65 kg ( think i put it in lbs then converted to metric )
i havent been that weight for ages now and just havent bothered changing it - i am just over 63 kg or 10st 1
i know if i put new weight in it would be slightly easier up hill but would it make it harder in flat races like tonight ? i struggled tonight
not gonna bother changing it as hopefully xmas will bring some extra pudding - just wondered if consensus was it would make a difference

It won't make it harder on the flat - but you will be a bit slower down hills. Anyway - may as well put your real weight in.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
It won't make it harder on the flat - but you will be a bit slower down hills. Anyway - may as well put your real weight in.
i may after tol - not gonna change it half way thru especially with hills coming - i might put weight back on soon - hope so as its bloody cold without it :cold:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
silly question time - my weight in zwift is just under 65 kg ( think i put it in lbs then converted to metric )
i havent been that weight for ages now and just havent bothered changing it - i am just over 63 kg or 10st 1
i know if i put new weight in it would be slightly easier up hill but would it make it harder in flat races like tonight ? i struggled tonight
not gonna bother changing it as hopefully xmas will bring some extra pudding - just wondered if consensus was it would make a difference

By strange coincidence my weight has mysteriously dropped to 63kg, even though I’ve been eating like a pig and doing minimal miles on the bike. Oh well... cya after Christmas bud :okay::okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yes, but you'd still be relying on a wireless protocol where a simple socket would remove all issues with interference etc. 3 times better would still mean the occasional drop out or lag (admittedly rarely). The fix seems so simple, why not offer a trainer with both?
I realise these are first world problems and that some people need a wireless setup but, for those of us that don't, why not just add a damn port? :wacko:
What band is your wifi on. If possible move to the 5gig band and a lot of your dropouts will disappear. Ant+, BLE and 2.5gig wifi all occupy the same frequency range and can interfere with each other. I run my pc/tablet system on the 5gig wifi and almost never get a drop out in the Ant+ signals

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Didn't realise you were up the road until the very end! fair play for that ride when you are feeling that bad, really impressive, think i'm coming out of my cold now so no excuse or me! really enjoyed the ride today, and had a good bunch sprint at the end. Hope the watts pick up a bit though, need to have a proper short race soon to see where i am
I think the ride may have helped in a strange way. Not great at the time, but the sweating seems to have done its trick.

I did wonder if you'd seen me as I went past as you didn't seem to react. I was in a group of about 20 so it was very fleeting and the group was moving at pace. I had a feather PU so I created the little hill and managed to stay with them as they flew down whitehall. I kept looking out for you and could see blobs on the map just behind so assumed you'd be in one of those and catch me at some stage. Thankfully though the groups I was in let me hang on - I paid them back by not contesting the sprint at the end :biggrin:

Whorty

Because of work i have now couple days off far away from bike. Need to ride stage-4 in a make-up day, well rested i hope. What else man can do just before xmas than empty his inner fuel tank and next day overfill it :santa: :cheers:.
That's certainly my plan too :hungry:

Whorty

:biggrin:
Nope not my belly ^_^
Your arse?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
well done Paul - put me in me place again ! really didnt like that one and legs like jelly today
not racing tonight so i can hopefully be competitive on weds

Gary E

Veteran
What band is your wifi on. If possible move to the 5gig band and a lot of your dropouts will disappear. Ant+, BLE and 2.5gig wifi all occupy the same frequency range and can interfere with each other. I run my pc/tablet system on the 5gig wifi and almost never get a drop out in the Ant+ signals
I'm already on the 5gb frequency.
To be fair I get very few dropouts (still the odd one) but that's probably down to the dongle being placed about 4" from the trainer. My point is that, since I'm going to have to run a cable all the way up to the trainer anyway, it may as well be plugged in to it and be done with it! As an added bonus, it might also stop me getting off the bike and stepping on the dongle (I'm on about my third one now!).

bridgy

Legendary Member
well done Paul - put me in me place again ! really didnt like that one and legs like jelly today
not racing tonight so i can hopefully be competitive on weds
Thanks Lee - I didn't really feel like riding so late but I quite enjoyed it in the end! I thought I might have missed my chance of getting a good time when I failed to stay with the very front group quite early on, but I felt OK in the second group. Finished with a time of 1:02.43 which I'm pretty happy with.

I'll have to do Wednesday's ride late as well (if I'm back in time) so if I do manage that I'll be even more annoyed I missed stage 2 and won't be able to complete the series - oh well

Top Bottom