Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
gonna do it tomorrow - hopefully got a short day so will pick the one with most of us lot in - will keep an eye on things
Good luck Lee - my time is definitely beatable by you as I was really suffering at the end I put way too much effort into the first lap and was looking at the screen after 20 minutes or so and thinking "this can't still be the first lap :cry:". Most races are 45-60 minutes and I think we get accustomed to what we can maintain for that, but this one is a bit longer than normal so.... well I paced it all wrong! Also it's just a really painful course for some reason as everyone seems to agree - enjoy ^_^

kipster

Guru
Add about 20secs Paul, for zp result
It dropped 2 seconds to 1:13:31, bonus!!
Screenshot_20190115-205758.png

Who is looking forward to the next stage ,I will try and ride with more competitors next time

STAGE 6

Here comes the queen stage. We’re back to Zwifters’ favorite world: Watopia. We’ll start in the Mayan Ruins, which you may remember from Stage 1, and then it begins. Alpe Du Zwift. With over a thousand meters of climbing, this is the biggest mountain in all of Zwift. It’s based on the Alpe d’Huez, which is ridden regularly in the Tour de France, and is just as difficult. Pace yourself Zwifters! Plan for an hour to an hour and a half of climbing or more. Make it up and you’ll be on top of the world.

More info: www.zwift.com/tdz

A GROUP (Men & Women)

WORLD: Watopia

ROUTE: Road To Sky

LAP DISTANCE: 19.9 km / 12.4 mi

ELEVATION GAIN PER LAP: 1144 m / 3752 ft

LAPS: 1

LEAD-IN DISTANCE: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi

TOTAL DISTANCE WITH LEAD-IN: 27.6 km / 17.2 mi

bridgy

Legendary Member
does heap big Bridgy speak with forked tongue !? - i seem to remember you saying something about setting a poor time on stage 4 :dry: - what was it ? 1.5 mins faster ?^_^
Ha! I'm not saying it was a poor time, just that it was far from comfortable! Stage 4 I was expecting to be bad as I was still full of snot but was pleasantly surprised!

kipster

Guru
Who is looking forward to the next stage ,I will try and ride with more competitors next time

STAGE 6

Here comes the queen stage. We’re back to Zwifters’ favorite world: Watopia. We’ll start in the Mayan Ruins, which you may remember from Stage 1, and then it begins. Alpe Du Zwift. With over a thousand meters of climbing, this is the biggest mountain in all of Zwift. It’s based on the Alpe d’Huez, which is ridden regularly in the Tour de France, and is just as difficult. Pace yourself Zwifters! Plan for an hour to an hour and a half of climbing or more. Make it up and you’ll be on top of the world.

More info: www.zwift.com/tdz

A GROUP (Men & Women)

WORLD: Watopia

ROUTE: Road To Sky

LAP DISTANCE: 19.9 km / 12.4 mi

ELEVATION GAIN PER LAP: 1144 m / 3752 ft

LAPS: 1

LEAD-IN DISTANCE: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi

TOTAL DISTANCE WITH LEAD-IN: 27.6 km / 17.2 mi

I'm looking forward to 6, need to find a ride with lots of people in it for carrots on the hillt. It will get very broken up. I might try and lose a kilo in the next few days :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Really didn't enjoy that, those long flat drags were soul destroying, I was glad to get to the hills. Zwift had me at 1:13:33, not on zwiftpower yet. Glad to be only a couple of minutes behind Bridgy.

@Whorty Adam was on the ride with you.
He must not have joined ZwiftPower then, or CC team in ZP as I don't see his time in our team results. I'll see if I can find his time

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You're not solo for long anywhere in those rides with 1000+ people!

On my ride, on lap 3 i was dropped and too far in front for me to slow down. I picked up a couple of other stragglers and I tried to get them to 'round robin', for 2 to 3 miles but the pace dropped. We were doing 25mph, a pack arrived and latched on a nice boost in speed 29mph. I reckon I lost 1 min whilst inthe wilderness

Top Bottom