Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Riders really thined out on lap 3 for me as well, I had to really dig in to stay in a group of about 10 riders.

bridgy

Legendary Member
On my ride, on lap 3 i was dropped and too far in front for me to slow down. I picked up a couple of other stragglers and I tried to get them to 'round robin', for 2 to 3 miles but the pace dropped. We were doing 25mph, a pack arrived and latched on a nice boost in speed 29mph. I reckon I lost 1 min whilst inthe wilderness
Ah OK - yeah once again there's an element of luck with who's around you in those kind of circumstances I guess

peterob

Veteran
Today's stage result added to the spreadsheet.....

Bridgy's strong ride has taken him to the top but Brusgaard and Lee have a chance of overtaking him with a good ride tomorrow.

Lots of good and close times so far on stage 5. Whorty claimed some good scalps earlier, but some fine efforts all round :bravo:

TdZ.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Riders really thined out on lap 3 for me as well, I had to really dig in to stay in a group of about 10 riders.
Last lap I ended up in a group of about 10, which started thinning as a few dropped off. There was a group of about 20 about 10 secs up the road that weren't pulling away from us. One of our group dropped an aero and started to pull away. I followed him and 3 latched on my wheel. As his aero stopped I thought, feck it, and took a pull pushing about 270+ watts for over a minute to bridge the gap. 4 came with me and we then had an easy, ish 6 or so km to the final climbs. Hard work, but I think that's where I gained my 9 seconds on @Aleman :highfive:

Whorty

Today's stage result added to the spreadsheet.....

Bridgy's strong ride has taken him to the top but Brusgaard and Lee have a chance of overtaking him with a good ride tomorrow.

Lots of good and close times so far on stage 5. Whorty claimed some good scalps earlier, but some fine efforts all round :bravo:

View attachment 447367
I may have taken a minute on some on stage 5, but stage 6 could be a real game changer. My best TdZ is 70 mins, so plenty of opportunity for those challenging for mid table positions to make 5 mins plus on me in the next stage.

Stage 6 definitely one for the mountain goats :okay:

Perfect timing that my weight loss regime has gone so well and I've gone from 83kg to 63kg this week :whistle::biggrin::rofl:

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
I may have taken a minute on some on stage 5, but stage 6 could be a real game changer. My best TdZ is 70 mins, so plenty of opportunity for those challenging for mid table positions to make 5 mins plus on me in the next stage.

Stage 5 definitely one for the mountain goats :okay:

Perfect timing that my weight loss regime has gone so well and I've gone from 83kg to 63kg this week :whistle::biggrin::rofl:
My best time up the adz is 53 minutes dead, I think the turbo had a sprinkling of fairy dust that day, I'm expecting to be slower than that on stage 6 but we will see.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
As his aero stopped I thought, feck it, and took a pull pushing about 270+ watts for over a minute to bridge the gap. 4 came with me and we then had an easy, ish 6 or so km to the final climbs. Hard work, but I think that's where I gained my 9 seconds on @Aleman :highfive:
:notworthy::notworthy: Although it was pretty obvious to me that the Richmond UCI circuit is a Power circuit, so was always going to struggle on the flat and downhill sections. And that was the case people just went by me especially on the downhills, unless I picked up the pace to hold them, but then I knew the climbs were coming up so didn't want to push too hard. That third lap I ended up in no mans land, and had to drop the watts to get back into a group (And that's where you got the 9 seconds @Whorty ;) )

I've not ridden the Alpe in Zwift yet, but have in Bkool and BRVR, So I know what I was capable of, it'll be interesting to see after my reduced activity since December.

Bring the pain!!! :training::boxing::training::boxing:

Whorty

:notworthy::notworthy: Although it was pretty obvious to me that the Richmond UCI circuit is a Power circuit, so was always going to struggle on the flat and downhill sections. And that was the case people just went by me especially on the downhills, unless I picked up the pace to hold them, but then I knew the climbs were coming up so didn't want to push too hard. That third lap I ended up in no mans land, and had to drop the watts to get back into a group (And that's where you got the 9 seconds @Whorty ;) )

I've not ridden the Alpe in Zwift yet, but have in Bkool and BRVR, So I know what I was capable of, it'll be interesting to see after my reduced activity since December.

Bring the pain!!! :training::boxing::training::boxing:
I had the reverse problem on the downs .... I kept shooting to the front of the group. Flats I was fine, just a matter of holding power and the odd surge to keep position. The ups though .... ouch! They hurt :B)

Despite the little lumps though, Richmond is probably more suited to me than you. Stage 6 will definitely be a reverse of fortune, and by much more than 9 seconds :surrender:

bobinski

Legendary Member
My best time up the adz is 53 minutes dead, I think the turbo had a sprinkling of fairy dust that day, I'm expecting to be slower than that on stage 6 but we will see.

It’s an ideal opportunity for people to beat 60 mins. Apparently the draft does still work so try and stick with others or if feeling strong bridge and find an equivalent rider to push on with.

Top Bottom