Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
And when shall you be showing your hand ?
I'm doing 3pm I think

Brusgaard

Über Guru
OK, what shall I get in for you and Paul :biggrin::cheers::biggrin:

A nice cold pint of Guinness should suffice, but I think we may have to settle for one of the local Watopia brews. :smile: My legs are tired as always af, so I don't expect any records to be broken this time around either!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was watching @mjd1988 when he flew past you on the down section into the jungle. You must have had a pretty good climb on the KoM going into the jungle section.

I felt great to be honest, all the way up to bridge but made the mistake of riding out of the saddle and boom! Sharp pain where right quad meets knee at anything over about 2w/k. Tried to spin it out but no go. Very strange watching literally hundreds of people ride past me up the Alpe with me just getting in the way:biggrin:

mjd1988

Guru
Bugger ... just saw @mjd1988 finish in 1:34 !! :notworthy: I was going to be happy with anything less than 1:40, wasn't expecting to have to knock 6 minutes off my previous time :eek::cry:

Right, off to warm up. See you all at the top :hello:

Cheers! I'm happy with it, was hard to know how it went at the time without the placings tbh. I ended up taking it relatively sensible to the foot of the climb then raced against previous best time for the alpe which worked welll. I beat 20/21 previous segment bests so delighted, but wouldn't be surprised if you do it much fast than you are expecting - even uphill the cumulative draft effect is huge!

I felt great to be honest, all the way up to bridge but made the mistake of riding out of the saddle and boom! Sharp pain where right quad meets knee at anything over about 2w/k. Tried to spin it out but no go. Very strange watching literally hundreds of people ride past me up the Alpe with me just getting in the way:biggrin:

That's rough, sorry to hear that!
someone in the chat had their chain came off as they kicked into a sprint for the last 150metres :wacko:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Cheers! I'm happy with it, was hard to know how it went at the time without the placings tbh. I ended up taking it relatively sensible to the foot of the climb then raced against previous best time for the alpe which worked welll. I beat 20/21 previous segment bests so delighted, but wouldn't be surprised if you do it much fast than you are expecting - even uphill the cumulative draft effect is huge!

That's rough, sorry to hear that!
someone in the chat had their chain came off as they kicked into a sprint for the last 150metres :wacko:

Great time there, lots of really good competition between you guys. And I think you are right there is a significant draft up the Alpe especially with so many rising.

Top Bottom