Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I was hoping to do stage 7 at 9am tomorrow but hospital appointment for me then straight to visiting mom in hospital means it may be a 7pm start ,hopefully there will be sometime done for me to aim for Carl^_^
Good idea, you guys just focused each others. That will opens the doors to me attack :evil:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I love Innsbruck but looking at the figures below and knowing what i am capable of at the moment its going to be a 3 hour ride :ohmy: :B) :laugh:
Innsbruck KOM Forward
Climbing 400m Avg Grade 5.4% Distance 7.4km
All Time 22:02 272w 72.0kg 3.8wkg 20.2kmh 4 September 2018

Innsbruck UCI Lap
Climbing 496m Avg Grade 0.0% Distance 23.7km
All Time 43:33 248w 72.0kg 3.4wkg 32.6kmh 9 August 2018
If your PR is 43.33, do you think it will take you twice as long currently Bob? That would be a speed of only 10mph and you average more than that on yesterday's Alpe De Zwift stage

bobinski

Legendary Member
If your PR is 43.33, do you think it will take you twice as long currently Bob? That would be a speed of only 10mph and you average more than that on yesterday's Alpe De Zwift stage

Good point.
I rode a lap on a zsun social in 1h our at 153w. A second lap will be slower so yes, 3 hours is overly pessimistic. I will aim for 2h 30.

kipster

Guru
My PR is 48:44, but on that ride I lost a couple of minutes when the power cable in the turbo fell out, also the ride looks to be a gentle one, HR no where near max. I'd hope that will a big group I'll be closer to Bobs 43:33, so will aim for a sub 1hour 30minute ride, hopeully closer to 1:20 than 1:30 though.

I see there is currently 1 second between @bridgy and @berty bassett on the climb segment, with Paul just edgeing the complete lap by 30 seconds. It's going to be another tight one between you two.

bridgy

Legendary Member
My PR is 48:44, but on that ride I lost a couple of minutes when the power cable in the turbo fell out, also the ride looks to be a gentle one, HR no where near max. I'd hope that will a big group I'll be closer to Bobs 43:33, so will aim for a sub 1hour 30minute ride, hopeully closer to 1:20 than 1:30 though.

I see there is currently 1 second between @bridgy and @berty bassett on the climb segment, with Paul just edgeing the complete lap by 30 seconds. It's going to be another tight one between you two.
EXCEPT, my times were done on the Bkool :headshake::surrender:

bobinski

Legendary Member

beat my time? Pfft- dont forget to calibrate your trainer ;)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Not me ! Sunning meself in the mountains

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I was hoping to do stage 7 at 9am tomorrow but hospital appointment for me then straight to visiting mom in hospital means it may be a 7pm start ,hopefully there will be sometime done for me to aim for Carl^_^
I'm looking at 6pm tomorrow to do my attempt. Won't be done by the time you start at 7, sorry! Last time i did this exact same race was back in September when i finished it in 1:13:37 I averaged 213 watts (2.5 w/kg). @bobinski , if you remember it's the ride you paced me up the climb the second time up :okay:

Edit : Lee was in the same race and did it in 58:17

Edit, Edit : that was for one lap .... so double these times I guess :eek:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
On Friday after getting some more depressing news regarding the neo bike, I lost patience and ordered a neo. Well it turned up surprisingly quickly so I’m now staring at the box as I wait for some pasta to cook.

Well the missus has got a cold, although the way she’s going on you’d think the grim reaper was on the phone telling her her time was up... (I’m being my usual sympathetic self of course...). And there’s a set of bunk beds that my youngest is expectantly waiting for me to build at some point too... but if the stars align, I might just get a go on a turbo tonight for the first time in nearly a year!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Life has conspired to prevent me doing most of the Tour de Zwift Stages. Just got back from a few days away and about to train tonight, but no TDZ on today. I'm then back working away for the next couple of nights so will miss Stage 7 as well.

I plan to do a short race tonight and maybe see if I can beat my 20 min power on Zwift, to get my ZPoints up. Looks like the 7.05pm 3R Classique Flat Race.

Norry1

Legendary Member
On Friday after getting some more depressing news regarding the neo bike, I lost patience and ordered a neo. Well it turned up surprisingly quickly so I’m now staring at the box as I wait for some pasta to cook.

I have been tempted to do the same - but am hanging on for the Neo Bike. I'm okay on my trusty dumb trainer for a while longer.

I'm looking at 6pm tomorrow to do my attempt. Won't be done by the time you start at 7, sorry! Last time i did this exact same race was back in September when i finished it in 1:13:37 I averaged 213 watts (2.5 w/kg). @bobinski , if you remember it's the ride you paced me up the climb the second time up :okay:

Edit : Lee was in the same race and did it in 58:17

Edit, Edit : that was for one lap .... so double these times I guess :eek:

So it double it and minus 10 minutes then^_^

Top Bottom