Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
On Friday after getting some more depressing news regarding the neo bike, I lost patience and ordered a neo. Well it turned up surprisingly quickly so I’m now staring at the box as I wait for some pasta to cook.

Well the missus has got a cold, although the way she’s going on you’d think the grim reaper was on the phone telling her her time was up... (I’m being my usual sympathetic self of course...). And there’s a set of bunk beds that my youngest is expectantly waiting for me to build at some point too... but if the stars align, I might just get a go on a turbo tonight for the first time in nearly a year!
:welcome: back!!

@peterob get Tommy on the TDZ spreadsheet (with slowest times on all the stages he' missed so far :okay:)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I have been tempted to do the same - but am hanging on for the Neo Bike. I'm okay on my trusty dumb trainer for a while longer.

Yeah the trouble I have is that I don’t have a turbo and I can feel my fitness slipping away by the day! Even now I think it’s going to take a while to get close to where I was last summer. I’ve not cancelled my neo bike order so hopefully they turn up soon.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Looking at the elevation, we climb the easier side, but could be wrong
There's an easy side??

I'm getting confused now (not difficult I know!). Back in Sept the race went up the hill, straight down then back up again. Looking at stage 7, it seems that this race differs in that it starts at normal pen in town, races out to the base of hill, up hill, down other side then back into town to start line, to then start over again.

There is another race I did on 12th Sept which is one lap of this race, took me about 50 mins. If this is correct, and now doing this twice, I'll be aiming for something like 1hr 40 mins (plus a bit for fatigue). This is the race back in Sept (https://www.strava.com/activities/1837093670/overview)

darrensmith0410

Random question, anyone use notice cancelling mats/flooring underneath their turbo trainer?
I train indoors (upstairs) and the other half is getting bored of the noise! I’ve looked at gym mats but not sure how much noise they would cut out...

Breedon

Legendary Member
Looking at the elevation, we climb the easier side, but could be wrong
There's an easy side??

I'm getting confused now (not difficult I know!). Back in Sept the race went up the hill, straight down then back up again. Looking at stage 7, it seems that this race differs in that it starts at normal pen in town, races out to the base of hill, up hill, down other side then back into town to start line, to then start over again.

There is another race I did on 12th Sept which is one lap of this race, took me about 50 mins. If this is correct, and now doing this twice, I'll be aiming for something like 1hr 40 mins (plus a bit for fatigue). This is the race back in Sept (https://www.strava.com/activities/1837093670/overview)
When you get to the island for the climbs if you go left it's not so steep (easy side) if you go right then that side is a lot steeper.
I looked at the profile and it goes up the easy side.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Random question, anyone use notice cancelling mats/flooring underneath their turbo trainer?
I train indoors (upstairs) and the other half is getting bored of the noise! I’ve looked at gym mats but not sure how much noise they would cut out...

Yes I tried all sorts to dampen the noise of my Bkool pro. At one point I had my bike sat on top of kingspan wall insulation which worked pretty well but the Bkool was a beast who didn’t like to be silenced! I also have square matts that are designed to dampen the noise from washing machines and tumble dryers. They’re well worth a try as they definitely helped to a degree. I can’t remember the brand I went for I’m afraid. But I went on the reviews from a google search I think.

Nebulous

Guru

I use a tacx folding trainer mat. I mainly use it to catch sweat, but it is supposed to damp noise as well. I got a deal on it and a riser block with my dumb turbo from Halfords.

darrensmith0410

Yes I tried all sorts to dampen the noise of my Bkool pro. At one point I had my bike sat on top of kingspan wall insulation which worked pretty well but the Bkool was a beast who didn’t like to be silenced! I also have square matts that are designed to dampen the noise from washing machines and tumble dryers. They’re well worth a try as they definitely helped to a degree. I can’t remember the brand I went for I’m afraid. But I went on the reviews from a google search I think.

I use a tacx folding trainer mat. I mainly use it to catch sweat, but it is supposed to damp noise as well. I got a deal on it and a riser block with my dumb turbo from Halfords.

Thanks both, will have a look!

JuhaL

Guru
I have ride Innsbruck UCI lap about 51min and that easy side climb bit under 28min. But now we need to ride 2-laps. I hope riding in a middle of a group give an extra help to ride both laps in that time. First lap might go faster but how about second lap.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good race. Came second.

I checked out the C riders beforehand and noted the rider with a better Racing score than mine. I latched onto him in the race and marked him all the way. I beat him in the sprint which was cool - even though his stats say he has a better spring than me. Anyone else stalk other racers before a race?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good race. Came second.

I checked out the C riders beforehand and noted the rider with a better Racing score than mine. I latched onto him in the race and marked him all the way. I beat him in the sprint which was cool - even though his stats say he has a better spring than me. Anyone else stalk other racers before a race?

Only if they are on Tinder

Top Bottom