Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
If I do 'poorly' its all your faults coz im usually napping by 7pm :tongue:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ex elite cat club rider did the B ride in 40:34 @3.9w/kg. He position 12th overall for the ride. He said the hill came very early in the ride and he hadn't warmed up properly.

Could be a long old slog later.
Blimey, that's an hour and 20 even if you could maintain his pace for two laps - i.e MORE than an hour and 20 then! I think the second ascent of that hill is going to really hurt....

kipster

Guru
If I get on at 6pm I'll be doing the A ride, if 7pm then it'll be B.

I hope to leave the office early so that I can get on for 5:40 ISH and warm up properly, grab a group and not worry too much about my time. I have tried this approach in all of the stages and have always gotten caught up in a bit of competition.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Blimey, that's an hour and 20 even if you could maintain his pace for two laps - i.e MORE than an hour and 20 then! I think the second ascent of that hill is going to really hurt....
When I did the race last year that went up the hill twice, it wasn't 'too' bad. We didn't do a full 2nd lap though; we just dropped down after the first climb and straight into the 2nd climb. Stage 7 has the full town loop inbetween climbs which may, or may not, be a good thing. I guess if you can get into a nice group that is moving at pace but not pushing too hard you can get a bit of a rest before the 2nd climb, but if you end up on your tod, or in a group that makes yo work hard, that 2nd climb is gonna hurt :B)

When I did the 2nd climb last time the road was clear of other riders (there were a few around but apart from an annoying little rider who kept egging me on to go faster ... forget his name but I recall he had a bad knee :biggrin: ) so I was able to ride at my own pace and not burn up. That race finished at he top of the 2nd climb too, so didn't need to keep anything back for the descent and ride to the finish line.

Looking at times of riders my kind of weight and my kind of expected w/kg (2.5/2.6) then i should be expecting about 1:45 tonight. Maybe a smidge slower if I struggle on the second climb, maybe a smidge faster if I get in a fast group that lets me rest on the loop after the climb.

bobinski

Legendary Member

JuhaL

Guru
It's a bit human to ride stage 7 all the climbs clockwise than second one counter-clockwise. At a clockwise that climb is 5% but how much is counter-clockwise anyone ride it reverse?.

JuhaL

Guru
Isn't stage 7 just just two laps of Innsbruck short lap, clockwise? Do you mean the London stage?
I mean stage 7 Innsbruck. Just wondering how more difficult it would be if other lap ride reverse that Innsbruck KOM climb. Just find that that Innsbruck KOM is 6,9% if you ride it reverse. That stage 7 includes Innsbruck KOM two times. It's a short lap but it's probably feels long after two laps.

Top Bottom