Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is anyone still doing the Build Me Up programme.

I know a few were, but haven’t seen any completed workouts from anyone recently.

I’m still doing it. I’m now half way through week 9 of 12.

I only ask because after this morning’s workout, I’ve decided the bastards are trying to kill me! :pump::heat:
I bailed out on 2nd attempt o and only got to week three both times. My trouble was the weather was nice and I was getting out at weekend so missed so many. I can imagine how hard they get as I struggled on the unicorn ones early on.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Is anyone still doing the Build Me Up programme.
I was but MBH decided to completely screw with my riding time before and during Christmas, so I missed 6 weeks worth :cursing::cursing:

I want to start it again, but using BRVR Workouts ... unfortunately I have to manually transfer the workouts by creating them in zwofactory :sad: :cry:

Del C

Veteran
I was but MBH decided to completely screw with my riding time before and during Christmas, so I missed 6 weeks worth :cursing::cursing:

I want to start it again, but using BRVR Workouts ... unfortunately I have to manually transfer the workouts by creating them in zwofactory :sad: :cry:
How does the transfer work?

LBHIFI

Veteran
For those interested: tonight at 9 pm UK time the first Zwift pro race takes place. Cofidis, Hagens Berman Axeon and Israel Cycling Academy are among the teams participating.

Del C

Veteran
I bailed out on 2nd attempt o and only got to week three both times. My trouble was the weather was nice and I was getting out at weekend so missed so many. I can imagine how hard they get as I struggled on the unicorn ones early on.
They certainly do get harder. I thought the Unicorns were tough, but nothing like the last couple of workouts.

Today’s was brutal. It was called Malevolent........... and it was.

My current FTP is 244w.

After a 15 minute warm up. Straight into 15 minutes at 220w (90% FTP) then 1 min at 290w, back for 10 minutes ‘recovery’ at 220w, back up for another 1 minute surge at 290w, down for 5 minutes ‘recovery’ at 220w and so on, with the recovery being cut in half each time but the surge always at 1 minute at 290w.

Final recovery was just 15 seconds at 220w, finishing on another 290w, 1 minute surge.

From the 5 minute recovery on, I spent a lot of time recovering by stopping at the roadside for a short while, before spinning up again. Workout lasted 1 hour. Lungs and heart rate were fine, just the lactate in the legs did me.

I think the last 4 weeks are going to be interesting!

Last edited:
They certainly do get harder. I though the Unicorns were tough, but nothing like the last couple of workouts.

My current FTP is 244w.

After a 15 minute warm up. Straight into 15 minutes at 220w (90% FTP) then 1 min at 290w, back for 10 minutes ‘recovery’ at 220w, back up for another 1 minute surge at 290w, down for 5 minutes ‘recovery’ at 220w and so on, with the recovery being cut in half each time but the surge always at 1 minute at 290w.

Final recovery was just 15 seconds at 220w, finishing on another 290w, 1 minute surge.

From the 5 minute recovery on, I spent a lot of time recovering by stopping at the roadside for a short while, before spinning up again. Workout lasted 1 hour. Lungs and heart rate were fine, just the lactate in the legs did me.

Fair play for doing this far mate. You gotta see it through now :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Do we (as in Cyclechat) have a discord server set up we can all join and chat on when in a ride/race? I was going to investigate how to do this later, but then remembered you may have done this for the Bkool international cup and they may still be available.

LBHIFI

Veteran
are you sure it's 9 and not 19:00 7pm kiss super league
Sorry, yes it's 7 pm. I'm so used to adding one hour to everything you mention here, but of course it the other way around :rolleyes:

mjd1988

Guru
Sorry, yes it's 7 pm. I'm so used to adding one hour to everything you mention here, but of course it the other way around :rolleyes:

May actually check this out...may have too much time on my hands.

Does make me think why zwift don't actually do the tour de zwift as an actual multistage race, throw in some flat stages and a time trial (team time trial?). Or maybe I'm just jealous of the climbers flying past me (reeling from the 3x box hill revelation!)

bobinski

Legendary Member
They certainly do get harder. I thought the Unicorns were tough, but nothing like the last couple of workouts.

My current FTP is 244w.

:laugh:

kipster

Guru
Do we (as in Cyclechat) have a discord server set up we can all join and chat on when in a ride/race? I was going to investigate how to do this later, but then remembered you may have done this for the Bkool international cup and they may still be available.
I set one up for bkool but can change the name and post a link later. I'm out tonight so will do it when I get back.

I don't think the bkool users use it anymore

Perky77

Evening all
I’ll be on stage 7 at 8 tonight. I’m going to wimp out and do the one lap version as I don’t fancy finishing near 10pm and also I’ve had late nights at work and I’m not sure my good lady would appreciate me disappearing in the garage for the whole evening when I get in!
I’ll see if I can do the two lap version on the make up days (after doing 5 first)

Top Bottom