Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
And an idiots guide how to use would be good please for the dumbasses like myself
It's very easy to use.

Download and install the app (iPhone, iPad, laptop etc..)

This is the invite link to Zwift cyclechat https://discord.gg/KkeVxnS

There are two voice channels CC Zwift Races and CC Zwift Social.

You may need a Bluetooth headset, I use one of these : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones...ons&keywords=wireless+sports+headphones&psc=1

Configure the sound settings in Discord etc..

bobinski

Legendary Member
They certainly do get harder. I thought the Unicorns were tough, but nothing like the last couple of workouts.

Today’s was brutal. It was called Malevolent........... and it was.

My current FTP is 244w.

After a 15 minute warm up. Straight into 15 minutes at 220w (90% FTP) then 1 min at 290w, back for 10 minutes ‘recovery’ at 220w, back up for another 1 minute surge at 290w, down for 5 minutes ‘recovery’ at 220w and so on, with the recovery being cut in half each time but the surge always at 1 minute at 290w.

Final recovery was just 15 seconds at 220w, finishing on another 290w, 1 minute surge.

From the 5 minute recovery on, I spent a lot of time recovering by stopping at the roadside for a short while, before spinning up again. Workout lasted 1 hour. Lungs and heart rate were fine, just the lactate in the legs did me.

I think the last 4 weeks are going to be interesting!

Sorry for laughing. I have a vague recollection of doing this or a similar session in a group training ride. I do recall the pain and the growing knowledge it would get worse rather than stay about the same.

JuhaL

Guru
For those interested: tonight at 9 pm UK time the first Zwift pro race takes place. Cofidis, Hagens Berman Axeon and Israel Cycling Academy are among the teams participating.
I am gonna watch that, at least for awhile. Broadcast just started from Youtube, broadcast coming out from Zwift channel.

JLaw

Veteran
Good race. Came second.

I checked out the C riders beforehand and noted the rider with a better Racing score than mine. I latched onto him in the race and marked him all the way. I beat him in the sprint which was cool - even though his stats say he has a better spring than me. Anyone else stalk other racers before a race?
Absolutely, I found it very helpful to mark a strong rider. My theory was if I was way ahead then I was working too hard, and if way behind not working hard enough.

JLaw

Veteran
Surgery yesterday. They were able to save more of the kidney than originally planned, margins are good. Final pathology next week. I feel strong enough to ride, but I'm sure the act of getting on the bike would be impossible. Heading home tomorrow most likely.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Surgery yesterday. They were able to save more of the kidney than originally planned, margins are good. Final pathology next week. I feel strong enough to ride, but I'm sure the act of getting on the bike would be impossible. Heading home tomorrow most likely.

Mate, fantastic news. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery:thumbsup:

Top Bottom