Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You not doing one of those Eco builds where houses seem to run on next to no energy? Or it a Barrat build? :biggrin:

All new buildings have to meet high level of insulation and low energy usage. My last 2 had B ratings on EPC. They would have got A if I decided to fit solar-that is the only easy way to oush a new house into the top band. Cost return for the top A rating wasnt worth the extra investment, they were gas heating. Hardly used much gas to get really warm house. All wet rooms and kitchen had underfloor heating .

peterob

Veteran
I was late back from work - nothing as energetic as you Lee, just driving all day for me! - so I'll be aiming for the Sunday re-run too. Hopefully see you there for a bit of cyclechat team work!
Unfortunately it looks like Sunday's H&H race is not the same as the course from Wed/Thu (Innsbruckring as opposed to Gotham Grind). So that's a bit of a ar5e as far as us trying to maintain the league. Last week's Sunday event was on the same course but it doesn't look like we can guarantee that.

Not sure what we can do as far as the league goes? Maybe use the finish time of the person closest to you on Stage 1? At least until the correct course pops up again and we can use that time.

Anyway, I've updated the league tables after yesterday's results. It looks like Cuddles has demoted himself down to Cat C from B, so can now have a proper tussle with Whorty :boxing:

HH.png

bridgy

Legendary Member
Unfortunately it looks like Sunday's H&H race is not the same as the course from Wed/Thu (Innsbruckring as opposed to Gotham Grind). So that's a bit of a ar5e as far as us trying to maintain the league. Last week's Sunday event was on the same course but it doesn't look like we can guarantee that.

Not sure what we can do as far as the league goes? Maybe use the finish time of the person closest to you on Stage 1? At least until the correct course pops up again and we can use that time.

Anyway, I've updated the league tables after yesterday's results. It looks like Cuddles has demoted himself down to Cat C from B, so can now have a proper tussle with Whorty :boxing:

View attachment 452435
Ah, that's annoying! There is a race on the Gotham Grind course tonight at 18.10, but it's only 2 laps (H & H was 4). I guess I could keep a look out for a 4 lap race on the Gotham Grind course over the next few days and try and set a time if one comes up?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ah, that's annoying! There is a race on the Gotham Grind course tonight at 18.10, but it's only 2 laps (H & H was 4). I guess I could keep a look out for a 4 lap race on the Gotham Grind course over the next few days and try and set a time if one comes up?

Do the two lap race and then use all the others to work out time for extra laps. Obviously factoring massive fatigue laps 3 and 4

bridgy

Legendary Member
Do the two lap race and then use all the others to work out time for extra laps. Obviously factoring massive fatigue laps 3 and 4
Do you think if I just kept riding I'd stay on the Gotham Grind course and could carry on for 2 more laps (albeit on my own)? Because I think that route is only available for events

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Do you think if I just kept riding I'd stay on the Gotham Grind course and could carry on for 2 more laps (albeit on my own)? Because I think that route is only available for events
I was wondering the same, but the problem you'll have, even if it does keep you on the same course, is being able to sustain race pace when you're not racing against anyone. I think if you wait there will be another race on that course coming up in the next week. Why not do the short race anyway to register a time and you can always do the full race if one turns up?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was wondering the same, but the problem you'll have, even if it does keep you on the same course, is being able to sustain race pace when you're not racing against anyone. I think if you wait there will be another race on that course coming up in the next week. Why not do the short race anyway to register a time and you can always do the full race if one turns up?
Well that's true - but that's my fault for missing the scheduled H & H race really! And scaling up a two lap race would also involve some guesswork. Other problem with just doing two more laps is I wouldn't have a ZP time, but I guess I could take a screenshot or take the time from Strava. Of course this also would rely on me being able to spot the finish line for the lap! I might give it a go - worst case scenario is I have a two lap race time to be going on

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that's true - but that's my fault for missing the scheduled H & H race really! And scaling up a two lap race would also involve some guesswork. Other problem with just doing two more laps is I wouldn't have a ZP time, but I guess I could take a screenshot or take the time from Strava. Of course this also would rely on me being able to spot the finish line for the lap! I might give it a go - worst case scenario is I have a two lap race time to be going on
The finish line should be the actual NY finish line, so, as long as Zwift keeps you on the same course you will see the finish fine.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The finish line should be the actual NY finish line, so, as long as Zwift keeps you on the same course you will see the finish fine.
Right, should be do-able - I'll just keep an eye on the mileage and know I need to do at least 37km. It'll be an 18.5km race followed by an 18.5km TT!

Top Bottom