Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That was excellent.

Thanks for organising @bridgy

My time was 50.18. Pleased with that. Average power of 239W which is 3W/kg, so pushing up to top of C for me now.

After @Norry1 and @Freelanderuk caught me at around halfway, I managed to get a gap over Chris and nearly caught Martyn and @Whorty on the climb before the descent back down to the waterfront, but they left me for dead on the descent.

I thought I'd managed to stay away from Chris as I pushed the gap between us out to 15 seconds over the second half of the race, but he caught me just under 1.5 miles from the finish and finished 11 seconds ahead of me. I got my Zwift rifle out and tried to shoot him, but he got away!

I'd certainly be up for doing it again. If we can keep it at one race a week then we should be able to keep it going in some way through the summer, even with better weather and more people riding out in the real world.

Maybe we could mix it up through the month. How about an ITT stage, a mountain finish or mountain stage, a hilly stage and a Hare and Hounds stage?
I saw both you and Michael pushing me on that final KoM. I thought I was toast. I was fine holding 2.8 w/kg with the odd burst but couldn't get over 3.2 towards the end. I was just hoping everyone else was as flubbered as me

Norry1

Legendary Member
upload_2019-2-21_21-57-57.png

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Np of 210watts for me so almost bang on 3w/k. Strava didn’t award me a single medal :laugh: but I am happy with ride and watts. Hopefully I can get a little closer to you boys on the next one:okay:

Are you struggling with cadence Bob? Your ave was mid 60s or is it a sensor issue?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yeah should be fun - you'll be a lot harder, if not impossible to drop with drafting enabled - could come down to a sprint finish if you don't drop me on a hill!
you always seem to have something in the bag to thwart my plans - last night it was - pedal harder than him - genius
if we do it again with drafting , as long as i can attach the bungee quick enough i will be behind you with feet up :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Are you struggling with cadence Bob? Your ave was mid 60s or is it a sensor issue?

A mix of User error and runners knee :smile: my rear axle kept coming loose so I had to get off twice to reattach :rolleyes: Patella issues meant easier to push a higher gear. I want to emphasise I have no post op meniscus issues - rehab is going great. Patella issues causes knee to track in , an all too common part of recovery as the vastus medialis muscle wastage is put right! Knee tracking and pain is easier to control at a slower cadence.

bobinski

Legendary Member
That’s just what I was going to say
Over all your pleased with progress ?

Yeah, overjoyed and relieved to be honest. Consultant pleased enough to over rule physiotherapist and agree rowing and gym work (closed leg presses) saying I am ahead of schedule. I just have to watch the Patella- it cane on last night just after the start when I decided to chase you lot at 8w/k :rolleyes: I got out the saddle and that’s a no no for a while yet .
Your looking bloody strong- you are gonna wip the boy in the Alps unless he ups his training :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom